Advisory Manager (Business Valuation)
Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP seeks an Advisory Manager (Business Valuation) in San Francisco, CA.
Work You'll Do
Advisory Manager (Business Valuation) to help clients to properly quantify and articulate values for financial reporting, taxation, transaction, financing, litigation, and strategic management purposes. Offer advice to clients on financial, economic and strategic "lifecycle" events and transactions through four main service areas: Corporate Finance, Forensic & Dispute Services, Reorganization Services and Valuation Services. Provide such services as: transaction advisory services for acquisitions, divestitures and recapitalizations; business valuation; and restructuring. Help companies identify measure and articulate the value of their assets by providing independent and well-supported valuations. Understand the requirements associated with the development of value conclusions under GAAP, tax, and regulatory rules that allow companies to understand the value of an entity, asset, or liability so they can make informed business and investment decisions. Manage the day to day aspects of client relationships and projects. Has responsibility for the quality of client deliverables, mentoring and developing staff and senior associates, developing client network, and supporting efforts in developing and executing sales and marketing strategies.
- Master's degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of financial advisory experience.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing business valuations for mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting compliance, tax reporting, strategic planning, and regulatory reporting purposes in the consumer and industrial products industry;
- Performing valuation of intangible assets, including trademark, trade name, customer relationships, supplier contracts and relationships, backlog, workforce, internally developed software, developed technology, in-process research and development, non-compete agreements, and above- or below-market contracts, and performing valuation of liabilities, including deferred revenue and debt;
- Performing valuation of closely held securities using option-pricing method;
- Reviewing valuations performed in accordance with FASB and GAAP;
- Utilizing valuation techniques including discounted cash flow method (income approach), guideline public company method and guideline public transaction method (market approach), and cost method (asset approach);
- Performing independent valuation services in accordance with ASC 350, ASC 805 and ASC 820 standards;
- Performing research and valuations using Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Morningstar, and Thomson Research;
- Developing client relationships and business development, including preparing valuation proposals and other marketing materials; and
- Mentoring and training junior team members.
- Position requires approximately 20% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH17FQ0317SFO1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top