Advisory Manager (Business Risk, Forensics & Investigations )
Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP seeks a Advisory Manager (Business Risk, Forensics & Investigations ) in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Utilize a range of forensic investigation skill sets to help our clients understand and analyze events or issues and prepare to deal with them. Help counsel with developing information and outside of the discovery process in complex litigation and other business dispute cases. Provide valuable strategic insight and clarity to counsel during all stages of a business dispute, from case theory development and discovery to expert witness testimony. Manage day to day aspects of client relationships and projects. Responsible for quality of client deliverables, mentoring and developing staff and senior associates, developing the client network, and supporting efforts in developing and executing sales and marketing strategies.
- Master's degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Global Affairs, Political Science or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Two years of experience performing reputational due diligence research and supporting Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other types of business investigations.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Researching the activities of Chinese-based technology companies in the context of theft of intellectual property investigations;
- Facilitating cross-functional business pursuits and engagements utilizing China-focused investigations and social media analytics;
- Examining Chinese intermediaries and facilitators of technology sales to end-customers;
- Conducting trial intelligence work for jury selection using social media analytics;
- Performing pre-M&A transaction due diligence, including assessment and political exposure;
- Conducting asset tracing as part of on-going bankruptcy and other litigation;
- Scoping and leading China-focused due diligence and other investigatory portions of FCPA, M&A, and internal audits;
- Managing activities of international research teams involving project allocation and capturing of research costs;
- Engaging in practice development through the identification of newly available research databases, analytics tools and subcontractors, and leading internal training sessions; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members.
- In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept a Bachelor's degree and five years of experience as stated above.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FF0817NYC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top