Advisory Manager (Business Risk)
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Manager (Business Risk) in Charlotte, NC.
Work You'll Do
Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement. Assess and implement compliance, regulatory and risk management programs, training, and monitoring/reporting. Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects. Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions. Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo. Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services. Play substantive/lead role in engagement planning, economics, and billing. Play substantive role in the training and development of staff. Evaluate, counsel, mentor and provide feedback on performance of others. Play substantive/lead role in retention of professionals and in building staff complement, mix, and recruiting. Identify opportunities to cross-sell other services. Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, Deloitte & Touche products and service lines. Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations. Understand clients' business environment and complex risk management approaches. Participate in proposal development efforts. Participate in "add-on" sales to client. Play substantive/lead role in developing a strong relationship with internal resources.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, engineering, management information systems, computer science or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of experience working in risk management in financial services.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Banking industry experience;
- Utilizing MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, for project tasks;
- Performing basic statistical analysis on large data sets to summarize credit risk information utilizing common risk metrics, including cycle delinquency, point-in-time delinquency, and RWA, and communicating findings to senior management;
- Performing data analysis to reconcile data across systems/ledgers, and identifying issues with calculated risk metrics;
- Evaluating reporting requirements for regulatory reporting and disclosures; and
- Utilizing statistical concepts and risk modeling techniques, including PD/ LGD modeling to support risk management processes.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Banking industry experience across counterparty transactions, including derivatives and securities financing transactions;
- Performing analysis of regulatory reporting instructions and preparation requirements, including for FFIEC 101, FR Y-14Q/A, FR Y-9C, and Basel III Pillar 3 reporting;
- Interpreting financial regulations, including those enacted under Dodd Frank, including Basel III Capital Ratio, Liquidity Coverage Ratio, Leverage Ratio, and Supplementary Leverage Ratio, to determine impact on banking practices;
- Evaluating the regulatory impact of counterparty credit risk across US regulations, including Basel III standardized/ advanced, Leverage Ratio, Supplementary Leverage Ratio, and Liquidity Coverage Ratio;
- Evaluating requisite information required to calculate and monitor Basel ratios and ensure regulatory compliance;
- Developing requirements documentation for regulatory ratio calculations and reporting submissions;
- Leading discussions with clients on topics, including interpretation of risk regulations, and development of strategies for implementation of regulatory requirements;
- Assisting with practice development activities related to eminence, including developing materials for external publication, new project sales, and developing Statements of Work; and
- Assisting in managing, developing, and training of junior staff.
- Must possess at least one of the following certifications: CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, PMP, FRM, PRM, CPC, ERP, CMA, CFE.
- Position requires approximately 60% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0617CHR1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top