Advisory Manager (Analytics)
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Manager (Analytics) in San Jose, CA.
Work You'll Do
Direct engagement planning, organizing, budgeting, audit plan execution, and documentation of audit procedures performed. Conduct financial statement audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, SOX readiness, IT controls, and SSAE 16 audits. Lead engagement teams on project tasks. Execute interviews with management to document business cycle processes as well we to ascertain effectiveness of company's entity level controls. Manage security configurations; conduct policy and procedure reviews; audit client platform baseline standards; and test platforms for numerous clients. Design and implement technical and general computer IT audits, systems development, conversion, and application control reviews, including process and procedure, documentation, control identification, test plan creation and execution, and executive reporting. Perform in-depth control assessments, document test requirements, and suggest remediation alternatives where necessary. Understand clients' business environments and complex risk management approaches. Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients. Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in mathematics, computer science, information systems, engineering, finance, accounting, business administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of data analytics and project management experience.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Executing general ledger analytics in applying data analyses to areas with specific fraud risks to identify anomalies in the financial reporting and the associated risk of management overrides using SAS;
- Developing interactive data visualizations using Tableau to provide meaningful insights into the client data;
- Performing business process analytics, including AP, AR, inventory, expenses and revenue using SAS, SQL, ACL, and VBA;
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, including coordinating journal entry testing requests, meeting deadlines, and monitoring budgets; and
- Managing teams, including staffing, reviewing work, and training.
- Must have one of the following: CISSP, PMP, SAS, CISM, or CISA certification.
- Position requires approximately 50% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0817SJB1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top