Advisory Manager (Accounting & Finance)
Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP seeks a Advisory Manager (Accounting & Finance) in Princeton, NJ.
Work You'll Do
Advise clients on managing business controversy and conflict, executing deals, and maintaining regulatory compliance. Provide advisory services to companies throughout their lifecycle from purchasing a company to investigating potential fraud. Provide in-depth business and financial advisory services to companies, their creditors, their equity holders, the legal community, bank syndicates, and other interested parties in both in-court and out-of-court reorganizations. Create complex cash flow projection models based on business issues or transactions being analyzed. Manage daily aspects of client relationships and engagements. Assume responsibility for quality control and accuracy of client deliverables. Build client base of internal (cross-functional) and external relationships. Analyze companies from a financial, operational, and industry perspective. Coach, mentor, and counsel professional staff.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in business administration, finance, accounting, computer science, engineering, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of financial restructuring and business financial analysis experience.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Identifying sources of distress, through fundamental analysis, implementing sound strategies to stabilize core-operations, enhance liquidity through the sale of 'non-core' assets and support recommendations using free cash flow based financial models;
- Producing 13-week cash flow models and analyzing assumptions, to forecast timing of liquidity shortfall and to estimate the amount of incremental short-term capital needed to meet ongoing business obligations;
- Conducting financial due diligence to highlight cash flow generating potential and estimate sustainable debt capacity serviced by future expected cash flows;
- Conducting valuation by developing fully integrated financial statement forecasting discounted cash flow modeling utilizing Microsoft Excel, including V-lookups, macros, VBA and Pivot Tables;
- Performing model sensitivity analysis to shock test for changes in micro and global market variables on dependent variables;
- Preparing of the debtors' reorganization plans and liquidation plans for the bankruptcy process, estimating the probable recovery to stakeholders, creditors and other interested parties to the bankruptcy;
- Preparing industry studies for prospective distressed industries by analyzing the impact of economic trends, on the liquidity of the company to meet future cash funding needs;
- Analyzing complex project finance deals/assets for compliance with deal terms, credit agreements, including model assumption assessments; and
- Working with senior management and executives to perform client targeting by identifying and assisting in the pursuit of opportunities for creditor, debtor and bankruptcy administration advisory services.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Providing financial advisory services with a focus on regulatory risk management and compliance, by assessing and transforming current processes, controls and infrastructures to address a wide variety of regulations outlined in the Dodd-Frank, CCAR/DFAST mandates, and Broker-Dealer Resolution Planning.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FQ0917PRN1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top