Advanced Manpower Plan Specialist
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment ? Our Human Capital practice is on the forefront of helping to solve the government's most complex challenges - from the organizational shifts that result from rapidly evolving missions, to declining job satisfaction, duplication of HR services across agencies, and continuously rising costs of HR systems. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with Federal clients, consider a career in Deloitte's Federal Human Capital practice.
Work you'll do
As a Project Delivery Specialist in the Strategy & Operations group you will:
- Support Implementation and Operations Management best practices while taking ownership of tasks and/or project workstreams and guiding more junior professionals
- Support and/or lead workstreams on engagements related but not limited to HR Service Delivery, Learning & Development, Communications, Change Management, and Compensation and Reward programs
- Contribute to deliverables and review the work of others for quality and accuracy
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client environment and overall project scope
- Assist with maintaining Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) through the administration and control of manpower data information systems used to capture all of the agencys manpower resources, which include military, civilian and contractor personnel.
- Analyze, reconcile and report on manpower data to ensure database records reflect agency approved organizational hierarchy and position or personnel movements.
- Communicate all discrepancies with the appropriate functional organizations and track to resolution. (To support management, tracking and reporting of manpower resources, agency currently utilizes the Program Resource Internet Database Environment (PRIDE) Manpower System).
- Ensure internal manpower and personnel databases are synchronized and accurately depict military and civilian authorizations in both their functional and executing organizations. Analyze, reconcile and report discrepancies in manpower data between agencys manpower management system and the Fourth Estate Manpower Tracking System (FMTS).
- Serve as the Manpower Point of Contact function for the Business Financial Management, Earned Value Management and Personnel Services functional areas by updating manpower records belonging to these communities to reflect all personnel/position movements and to accurately depict the assigned matrix or core organization.
- Review and analyze manpower data and provide manpower reports to MDA leadership as requested to support internal and external requests for manpower information and to support agencys budget submissions.
- Monitor manpower system edit logs to assess system use by manpower stakeholders or to provide a transaction history of manpower positions as requested. Prepare end of month and fiscal year manpower snapshots to facilitate analysis of manpower changes over periods of time.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
- Typically has 5 or more years of consulting and/or industry experience
- Secret clearance
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage small engagements or work streams and multiple team members with confidence
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgement
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Federal HR experience
- Data Analysis, workforce analytics, ad-hoc reporting, Human Capital Analytics
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Performance Management, Training Management, Maintaining Employee Files, Customer Relationship Management, Project Management, Office Experience - General, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, federal workforce databases, and use of e-learning software.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18ROSCONSY43116
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top