Advanced Analytics Enablement Big Data Manager
Analytics & Information Management: Plan, design, and implement solutions that deliver and analyze information efficiently for competitive advantage
Deloitte Consulting's technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Essential Functions AAEBig Data Manager:
- AAE Big Data Managers atDeloitte will manage and deliver components of client engagements thatidentify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions forlarge companies.
- Responsibilitiesinclude, among others, managing teams in the identification of businessrequirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design,flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Design and implement data ingestion techniques for real time and batch processes for video, voice, weblog, sensor, machine and social media data into Hadoop ecosystems and HDFS clusters
- Perform data studies and data discovery routines for video, voice, weblog, sensor, machine and social media data sources or mash ups of new and existing data sources.
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization.
AAE Big Data Managercandidates are required to have:
- 6+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience
- At least 1 year hands-on working experience with one or more of the following Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Mahout, Pig, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Ambari, MapReduce and R including commercial distributions of HDFS (Hortonworks, Cloudera, Pivotal HD, MapR)
- At least 1 year experience in Informationdelivery, Analytics and Business Intelligence based on data from hybrid ofHadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), non-relational (NoSQL, MongoDB,Cassandra) and relational Data Warehouses
- Bachelor's Degree or 4years equivalent professional experience
- Willingness to travel to client locations (80%)
In addition, successfulAAE Big Data Managers will also have the following preferred skills:
- Experience working as a Data Scientist
- Experience designing and implementing reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
- Experience working with multi-Terabyte data sets
- Experience with Hadoop Cluster Administration
- Experience with Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop environments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
Qualified Consultantcandidates are also required to have at least one full lifecycle projectexperience in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of statements of work and/or client proposals
- Identify business opportunities to increase usability and profitability of information architecture
- Experience with program leadership, governance and change enablement
- Develop and manage vendor relationships
- Lead workshops for client education
- Manage resources and budget on client projects
- Ability to scope out the effort and cost for an enterprise reporting solution
- Ability to define how an enterprise information system will align with the organization's business and strategic objectives
- Ability to manage multiple teams on a data warehousing engagement
Requisition code: E17NATCMGRVS304-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top