Administrative Services Manager (Greater Washington)
Key Role Description:
The Administrative Services Manager (AA Manager) is responsible for providing guidance, expertise, coaching and counseling to Administrative Assistants (AAs) . The AA Manager will be a subject matter expert and key business advisor to internal clients and key stakeholders on all AA related matters and will create operational efficiencies in providing administrative services across all areas of responsibility. This role will oversee the daily activities of providing administrative support to include workload management, training and professional development, adherence to Deloitte guidelines/policies/procedures, and implementation of regional and national initiatives within their teams. A critical component of this role is to ensure outstanding service delivery to all supported clients by building effective relationships, communicating effectively, and cultivating strong AA performance. Limited travel is required.
Manage Daily Operations
- Manages all daily aspects of the AA team to ensure effective and efficient service delivery.
- Proactively meet with AA staff to build a cohesive team by educating, sharing information, and providing updates. Ensure consistent implementation and compliance of regional and national AA initiatives.
- Meets regularly with individual AA's to understand issues and assess workload, service challenges, and provide continuous, ongoing performance feedback. Defines clear business objectives and has the ability to guide the work of others using strong problem-solving skills to address complex service challenges.
- Coordinates AA assignments considering an individual's career goals and the needs of the business; Identify and assign backup support for P/P/MDs to ensure consistent service delivery.
- Collaborates with other service lines and other AA Managers within Administrative Services and across multiple offices in support of AA service delivery.
- Monitors various reporting tools to ensure AA compliance with policies and procedures (daily time reporting, overtime, etc.) and updates various AA management tools and applications regularly.
- Manage Client Relationships – Build and maintain effective internal client relationships; manage relationships across multiple offices and a variety of key stakeholders.
- Meet regularly with supported P/P/MDs to build strong relationships, understand business needs, manage service delivery, resolve issues, and bring solutions. Educates clients on the AA Manager Role and responsibilities.
- Proactively reaches out to P/P/MDs regarding AA support assignments and perform regular assessments to align AA skills with P/P/MD expectations and business requirements. Regularly discusses service offerings and service delivery challenges.
- Proactively communicates issues, challenges, and solutions upwards to ensure successful service delivery and relationship management.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Manages budget effectively through regular analysis and interpretation of key metrics including headcount forecast and reporting by period, overtime, and AA revenue.
- Evaluates compensation adjustments; reviews recommendations provided by Talent and makes appropriate adjustments for Geography and National Leadership review.
- Provides regular reporting and analysis each period, as well as ad hoc reporting as requested by Geography Administrative Services Leader or other leadership.
- Drives AA performance management process including annual goal setting, bi-weekly check-ins, and Year End review process; works collaboratively with Geography Administrative Services Leader and Talent on performance management issues.
- Cultivates strong AA performance through coaching and performance management.
- Conducts performance discussions that foster trust and elevates performance of AAs.
- Completes performance Snapshots; demonstrating poise and professionalism in facing resistance or challenges.
- Serves as a leader, role model and primary counselor to AAs.
- Mentors, coaches and assists in the development of AAs.
- Recruits and develops high performing talent; interviews, makes hiring recommendations and coordinates onboarding and training of new hires and transfers.
- Understands and assesses AA skill levels to recommend appropriate training and professional development; counsels and motivates AAs to capitalize on their strengths and improve development areas.
- Leads and embraces change.
- Creates an environment that builds accountability for and commitment to meeting objectives; builds trust, confidence and credibility with AAs, which includes the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with privileged, personal or confidential topics.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 - 8 years of relevant experience supervising others in a large corporate environment preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail; strong problem-solver with the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with people of all levels
- Ability to manage virtually
- Ability to define and communicate clear business objectives and desired outcomes
- Ability to analyze/interpret difficult situations and provide recommendations for resolution
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- MS Office experience
Requisition code: E18MCLSMGRJT004-CL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top