Actuarial Technician- Solution Specialist- Long Term Care
Actuarial Technician- Solution Specialist- Long Term Care
Interested in creating mission critical solutions? Together with our other delivery centers around the world, we provide development and sustainment services for our clients, both pre- and post-implementation. Here you will get the chance to work on projects that will build on your technical and business skills and help our clients achieve a higher level of service in operational efficiency and business value.
Work you'll do
The Actuarial Technician will provide technical and analytical support in a consulting actuary environment.
The job functions include the following:
- Primarily responsible for producing and managing technically oriented work across a number of practice areas, including statutory and GAAP reporting, financial modeling, data analysis
- Will also be involved in market and technical research, data resource and tool development, and the development of training materials
Our US Delivery Center team is comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who guide clients through their most complex business capability and technology challenges. We work with clients and help them develop software solutions, manage their applications, and provide strategic recommendations to help them optimize their businesses' operations, processes, and performance . Learn more about the US Delivery Center.
How you will grow
As we continue to grow, so has the need for professionals that we will develop and train to allow us to continue to provide the support for our clients' systems and business processes. Here you will be able to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills as part of a team committed to delivering world-class service for clients around the globe. You will not only gain experience in Deloitte's methodologies, but also gain new skills that are in high demand by our clients.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your potential interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
- At least 2 years of experience in an insurance company environment
- General knowledge of long term care products
- Exposure to preparation of regulatory filings seeking approval for premium rate changes
- Proven history of task execution, with timeliness and high quality
- Superior research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly document processes, work performed, support for decisions made
- Analytical problem-solving skills including experience reconciling, trending, or analyzing system or spreadsheet output and explaining differences in results
- Proficiency using computer software such as Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint; plus, a high level of general computer literacy and comfort with new tools and applications
- Task and detail oriented; working well independently without continual oversight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, effective listening skills
- Ability to execute on multiple engagements simultaneously
- Team player who enjoys working with multiple teams
- Enthusiasm for serving clients and an eye toward continuous improvement
- Travel is expected to be light; primarily for training and project on-boarding
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, finance, or related field
Nice to have skills and experience includes:
- Completion of any actuarial exams or actuarial coursework
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Familiarity with life insurance, annuity, and long term care reserve calculation requirements and mechanics
- Experience with actuarial systems, VBA, Tableau, SAS, SQL, R, Business Objects
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18ORLCACSKH010-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top