Accounting Technician – Audit SME Services
What impact will you make?
Deloitte has an opportunity for an Accounting Technician to join the outsourcing group in the SME Services department in our Dublin office. This role offers the opportunity to work with a variety of clients across a number of different sectors. We provide a challenging and exciting work environment with scope for personal development and on-going training.
About the team
This dedicated group of professionals is structured to meet the unique service needs of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), incorporating owner-managed businesses, smaller organisations and rapidly growing private companies, including not-for-profit entities.
As such accounting outsourcing represents one of our fastest growing specialist services. At Deloitte we offer an accounting service that is professional, efficient, flexible, confidential and secure. Working in partnership with clients from a variety of industries including financial services, banking, retail, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and consumer services, we can accommodate individual accounting requirements specific to any business sector.
About the opportunity
As an Accounting Technician in our Dublin office, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients across a number of different sectors. This entails a variety of challenging activities:
- Preparation of weekly, fortnightly, quarterly and monthly management accounts and payroll processing
- Data Entry and any other accounting / tasks which may arise
- Set up clients supplier and expenses payment manually and electronically
- Liaise with clients for approval of payments
- Preparation of bank reconciliation and primary records of account
- Preparation of monthly reports to strict deadlines
- Preparation of client specific payroll reports
- Assistance with control checks and compliance with Deloitte procedures for outsourcing
- Familiarity with ROS to support with statutory payroll
- Liaise with clients and other parties on a regular basis
- Assisting with registration of employees and filing payroll and VAT returns
- Allocation of portfolio of clients
- Provide support to clients and their employees for all payroll related matters
- Other administrative duties
As a member of our team you will co-ordinate and help develop a streamlined accounting service for clients, which utilizes technology and provides enhanced data to meet their reporting and analytical needs.
You will have the following attributes:
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in accounting
- Pursuing or is in the process of completing an accounting technician qualification
- Hold a Payroll qualification with IPASS
- Numerically strong with a sound understanding of basic accountancy
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong team player with a willingness to learn
- Basic knowledge of preparation of statutory accounts
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours when required
- Sound knowledge of Sage, ROS, MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and MegaPay
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
We love speaking with professionals about their next career experience with Deloitte? If you have a passion for learning from talented people and benefit from the support of a global organisation and network, apply on-line now or contact Niamh Favier for further information at [email protected]
Requisition code: 133521
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top