Accounting & Reporting Transformation - Consumer & Industrial Products - Manager
Are you looking to assist Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Chief Accounting Officers (CAOs), Controllers, and business unit finance leaders to help solve complex financial accounting and reporting issues? Our team of accounting and reporting specialists do just that. Join our talented team of accounting & reporting specialists serving clients across all industries focusing on accounting & reporting advisory; cost transparency and alignment; integration, divesture and readiness services; and financial integrity.
Work you'll do
As part of the A&RT team, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and applying relevant specialized technical accounting, regulatory standards, cost accounting concepts, financial close and Consolidation/Financial Reporting, financial operations
and applications across multiple industries
- Identifying client issues and managing day-to-day relationships
- Generating innovative ideas to challenge the status quo
- Participating in engagement planning and budgeting; defining the work product structure and content; managing engagement economics, engagement risk and engagement timeline
- Contributing to the proposal development process
- Engaging in recruiting and retention activities
The team provides clients with an extensive range of accounting and reporting services designed to help enhance the value finance delivers to its overall business. We work with organizations to help them reduce risk and improve internal and external reporting capabilities to meet accounting and regulatory requirements, and/or enhance strategic decision making. Our deep experience also extends to governance in complex operating models and support for major business events and transactions, including capital markets transactions, derivatives and hedging advisory services. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Accounting & Reporting Transformation practice.
- 5+ years of technical or advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise accounting, carve-out, and/or technical accounting, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting.
- Life Sciences industry expertise desirable, but not required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics or related field.
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform technical research of complex accounting issues
- Up to 80% travel (typically Monday – Thursday)
- Master's degree in Business, Systems or Accounting
- Capabilities in operational and financial internal controls, including work related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience as a user of or administrator of a common ERP Finance and Reporting package (SAP, Oracle, JDE, etc)
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
- Experience in Consumer & Industrial Products Industry
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATFMGRPW005-FRTR
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top