Accountant - Basic
Are you interested in building your career in an evolving and exciting business environment? Consider a career within our US federal government consulting practice. Work side by side supporting our US Federal Government clients such as Missile Defense Agency, NASA, Army Space and Missile Command or other Federal Agencies in the Huntsville area. A minimum DOD Secret clearance is required to apply. Join us, and play a key role in helping to design our clients' roadmap to the future!
Work you'll do
As an accountant supporting Deloitte's federal government consulting practice you will learn the financial aspects of accounting and applying theories, concepts, principles, and standards. These tasks include:
- Assist with audit readiness briefings and prepare property progress reports, supporting related meetings with stakeholders.
- Prepare Appendix A-123 Narratives and Flowcharts. Prepare results of risk assessments, test plans, control assessments, corrective action plans for property. Prepare quarterly financial statements data calls for property valuations
- Support Managers' Internal Control Program (MICP). Assist with the preparation of the Annual Statement of Assurance (SoA). Develop and prepare guidance and templates for the annual assurance process. Conduct MICP specific training, including one-on-one sessions, for newly appointed assessors. Update and maintain SOPs, instructions, and websites.
- Assist with development, update, and reconciliation of monthly reports and briefings. Prepare financial reports on obligations and disbursements, and perform reconciliation on funds balance with treasury and accounts receivable.
- Assist with research and analysis of Unsupported Accounting Entries (UAEs) quarterly.
- Prepare analysis of the Mechanization of Contracts Automated System (MOCAS) Accounts Payable accrual transactions for financial statement reporting
- Maintain Negative Unliquidated Obligation and Unmatched Disbursements (NULO/UMD) reports. Respond to customer inquiries.
- Assist the with the contract reconciliation and close-out processes, including researching payments, tracking missing invoice payments, identifying and clearing erroneous postings, and developing reports documenting corrections.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance (at a minimum) is required
- Associates or Bachelors in related field
- Experience working under supervision and following established procedures and solving routine problems.
- DoD or Missile Defense Agency (MDA) experience (strongly preferred)
- Experience assisting in the analysis and interpretation of records and reports and assisting on financial management matters.
- Experience with Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS), MOCAS, Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) requirements, Computerized Accounts payable System-Windows Version (CAPS-W)
- Experience with analyzing Federal Government financial accounting data
- Professional services or federal consulting experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17HSVCCONAC275131
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top