Ab Initio / ETL - Solution Specialist
Ab Initio / ETL – Solution Specialist
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, in addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community and make a positive impact on your peers. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your development. Finally, our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit http://www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities – people, process and technology and industry expertise – the capabilities needed to help our clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Analytics & Information Management (AIM)
Deloitte Consulting's Analytics & Information Management (A+IM) Service Line designs, develops, and implements strategies, systems and processes to capture, integrate and distribute information in an enterprise to realize the value of information and data assets. Our specific capabilities within the IM area include:
- Business Intelligence/ Data Warehousing
- Performance Management Technologies
- Enterprise Data Management
- Advanced Analytics Enablement
If you're interested in working on mission-critical solutions, then joining Deloitte Consulting as a Solution Specialist could be your most rewarding move. The role provides you the opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills while working as a part of a team committed to delivering excellent service for clients around the globe. You will learn new skills that are in demand by our clients, gain expertise in Deloitte's methodologies and contribute to increasingly complex duties. All while staying in one consistent location with very limited travel requirements.
- The successful candidate will work with the Deloitte team to implement, maintain, and enhance enterprise-level data architecture as well as extract, transform and load using Ab Initio tool for the clients of Deloitte.
- The successful candidate will work as part of a team comprised of a project manager, business analysts, and other members of the technical staff to use test-driven development techniques to develop and implement ETL processes to support sequencing and analysis efforts. Specific responsibilities will include: Work with Business Analysts and Data Modelers to understand requirements. Design and develop sustainable database ETL applications to support those requirements. Create technical design documents that capture source to target mapping, define transformation algorithms, and document data quality rules. React to and correct day-to-day operational errors.
- Demonstrate results and competence developing ETL processes using Ab Initio / Informatica Power Center. The desire to think broadly about their responsibilities and continually refine and improve the way they work, and be able to share that with others
- 3-5 years of full time experience with ETL tools and processes, preferably in technical environment involving 10 TB of data
- The ability to read, write, and maintain SQL. The ability to use defined business process and data from tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) to identify and correct performance problems with ETL processes. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3-5 years of experience with Ab Initio ETL Platform (plans, graphs, psets, meta-programming capabilities, etc.)
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in administration and configuration of Ab Initio ETL and Unix using Admin Console and Metadata Manager
- Strong experience with UNIX or Perl Scripting
- Experience with Ab Initio Metadata Hub development/administration
- Strong expertise with any database programming
- Experience in backup repository and implementation migration to different environments
- Troubleshoot and perform tune existing ETL solutions; Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of data warehouse systems analysis/programming activities
- 3 -5 years of experience as database developer on data warehousing/ database projects
- The right candidate should be willing and interested to learn new/additional ETL capabilities outside of their scope.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Must be able to work in Orlando, FL office. Must be willing to live in or near the Orlando, FL office.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical field.
- 5+ years of full time experience with ETL tools and processes, preferably in a healthcare payer or provider industry sectors.
- Experience with Object-Oriented methodologies, Test-First Development, Continuous Integration, and Agile Development processes. Experience in software development using Oracle and XML. Experience at physical database modeling.
- ETL development experience using any of the standard COTS products
- Experience working with any of the enterprise scheduling tools
- Experience using Oracle PL/SQL
- U.S. Citizenship/Green card preferred, but not required
- Ability and willingness to acquire U.S. Security Clearance preferred, but not required
Requisition code: E18ORLCACSNS019-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top