2017 Melbourne - Consulting - Spatial & Brand Experience - Graduate
Top Tips for Submitting your Application
If you’re reading this then you must be ready for one of the most important stages you’re likely to experience; submitting your application. We’ve found that those who are well prepared and have conducted plenty of research prior to starting the application process have the best chance of progressing to interviews.
Before you select “Apply Online” below, here are our top tips and checklist to guide you in making a successful application.
- – Register on YourFuture.Deloitte.com.au
Do you want to maximise the chances of a successful application? Then we cannot recommend enough that you register on Your Future. This purpose-built website has been designed to be your hub throughout your recruitment experience. You can also find a wide range of other supporting information here, relating to events, life at Deloitte, interview preparation advice and much more.
- – Know which Program and Service Line/Cluster you are best suited too
Knowing which Service Line and/or Cluster to apply for is critical to your success in securing a position with us. Using the Your Future website, campus events, videos and other information that we’ve published we seek to provide you with enough to educate you on the many Service Lines and Clusters within Deloitte Australia.
- – Applying for a role
It is important to note that applying for more than one role will not increase your chances of successfully securing an interview or a position. What is important is that you have conducted thorough research, and can clearly articulate in your application why the Service Line/Cluster you are applying to is the right fit for you.
Additional Tip: Sometimes we see up to 3 or more applications from the same candidate. Often when this occurs we find that the individual has not done enough research, and it is rare that these applications are successful.
- – Providing an email address
When registering on Your Future and when you create your profile to apply for a role, please use an email address that you use often and will be using for the foreseeable future. We highly recommend not using your University email. Your email address is one of many ways we will engage and communicate with you, so make sure you check it regularly.
- – Application questions
This year we are doing away with cover letters. In place of cover letters we will be asking you a couple of questions during your application about:
1. Why Deloitte Australia and the Program you are applying for is right for you
2. Why the Service Line / Cluster you are applying for is the right one for you
As further guidance, we prefer brief and to the point responses.
- – Getting back to you
At Deloitte Australia, we are absolutely committed to getting back to you as soon as we can. Whether it is by email or phone, we will let you know if you are unsuccessful or you are progressing to the next step in the process. While we receive over 20,000 applications over the coming months, if you are yet to hear from us, you are still under consideration.
Your Checklist: What to have prepared
Before selecting ‘Apply Online’ and commencing your application, be prepared with the following:
- You have researched the Service Line and/or Cluster you are applying for (YourFuture.Deloitte.com.au)
- Be aware of your eligibility for the specific Program you are applying for (You can find this on Your Future)
- You have updated your resume so that it showcases your experience and skills as it relates to the Service Line and/or Cluster that you wish to apply for.
- You have your academic transcripts ready to upload
- You have your proof of right to work in Australia (passport or birth certificate) ready to be uploaded
- International students – please have your relevant visa label and evidence of English language proficiency results ready to upload
- You are prepared to answer the application questions
What to expect when you start your application
The application process will take you through a number of stages and shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes. These stages will require you to:
1. Select the relevant Program (Vacationer or Graduate) in the city you wish to be based
2. Next you will be asked to register a username and password (if you haven’t previously registered)
3. Complete the online application form
4. Attach your resume, academic transcript, copy of work rights and evidence of English language proficiency results (if you are an international student)
5. Finally, answer all the application questions so as to provide us with the best overall picture of you
All the best with your application, we’re looking forward to seeing it.
The Deloitte Australia Graduate Talent Acquisition Team
Requisition code: AUGRAD130123
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top