Technical Support Engineer 2- Vxrail
- Bangalore, India
Technical Support Engineer 2
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technicalsupport Engineer 2 on our Technical Support team in Bangalore.
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It's how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
We go out of our way to give our customers the help they need. Our Enterprise Technical Support team specializes in our most highly technical and sophisticated products - from IT hardware and software to servers, networking, storage and the cloud. Issues can span installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage. Fully trained on the latest upgrades or new products, the team can diagnose the problem and recommend the right solution remotely by telephone, e-mail, chat or online.
Roles and responsibilities
- Opening, updating and reporting on customer cases opened through VxRail ticketing system.
- Apply basic technical support skills to handle customer incidents and case resolution
- Communicate technical issues to both internal and external customers quickly in a fast paced customer critical environment
- Notify all necessary individuals of ongoing issues and problem resolution; share all knowledge of problem resolution
- Understands technical communication structure and sometimes participate in virtual team training and product knowledge sharing meetings
- Help to create and maintain eService applications such as Chat, Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc.
- Validate technical information and issues early warnings and shares information as needed.
- As a 24X7X365 organization, shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities will be required
- Must have a strong understanding of VMware technical environments (storage & virtualization) and minimum 3-4 years technical experience in Storage and virtualization
- vSAN knowledge is an added advantage
- Experience in a technical and/or customer support setting is mandatory
- Excellent business communication skills: understands how to communicate to customers
- Quick learner, passion to challenge cutting edge technology
- Can work in high-pressure environment
- 3-4 years of matching experience required
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred or matching work experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can analyze complex business problems and inform key decision-making, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Back to top