Technical Staff, Software Engineering (UEFI/BIOS Architect)
- Flexible / Remote
As a member of the Client Platform Software Engineering team you will be a part of the team planning, designing, delivering and sustaining our next-generation of firmware and software application to support our new products and solutions. Working on the latest technologies with the industry leading tools and development methodologies, we design and develop software and firmware for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics.
• Architect and influence platform product design by providing technical expertise and engineering leadership; strong focus on the platform front-end design cycle, including identifying the firmware impact of new hardware designs and components.
• Work with our internal partners (System Architects, Platform Planners, CTO) to architect new and innovative firmware solutions for our client platforms.
• Create, design and review architectural collateral, documenting the scope of our firmware features and solutions.
• Gather business requirements and drive product definition and prioritization for firmware feature. Influence the hardware and software direction for features that span beyond firmware.
• Provide strong technical leadership in decisions when collaborating across multiple lines of business; including industrial design, marketing, usability, quality, and reliability
• Generate Intellectual Property to protect innovations.
• Bachelors or higher degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a similar field, with 10 years of industry experience
• UEFI BIOS software development experience
• Experience with Intel and/or AMD system architectures
• Strong aptitude to assess and optimize products by making the proper feature tradeoffs between Firmware, electrical, power and thermal requirements.
• Balance short term versus long term actions, strategic vs tactical requirements, while continuing to align the architectural road map to achieve the strategic vision.
• Familiarity with using the Atlassian suite of tools (BitBucket, Bamboo, Jira and Confluence)
• Familiar with various hardware bus interfaces such as PCI, SMBUS, LPC, I2C, etc.
• Strong programming experience using languages such as C, C++ or C#
• Working experience in Scrum and Agile development process
• Experience using analyzers and other hardware tools to debug complex system software issues
• Experience with Security Development Lifecycle (SDL). This includes process integration to manage SDL activities within the product architecture, development and production phases.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play-providing customers with the industry's broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities- all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Back to top