Systems Engineer, NSX
- Tokyo, Japan
As a VMware Network and Security Specialist Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware Virtual Cloud Network products which are NSX-T / NSX-Cloud and VeloCloud and AVI and vRealize network insight and Container networking software etc. You will be completely focused on selling the value of VMware Network Virtualization and Security which includes advanced technology and sharp solution. VMware has definite fantastic network vision on what VMware is considering to future networking security technology as 20 years future from now.
- Present VMware Virtual Cloud Network vision and advanced technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical decision maker / lead engineers
- Execute technical workshop with customer to discuss end-to-end virtual infrastructure articulate included physical IP network, customer application and multi-cloud networking and security architectures.
- Accelerate Virtual Cloud Network software and subscription business to leverage deep technical knowledge and professional experience which are multi-cloud networking and software defined networking and security, SD-WAN and SD-ADC industry directions, and trends
- Develop and drive technical demonstration and hands-on training contents to customer and partner.
- Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting PoC and technical QA from customer.
- Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of products.
- Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware Account System Engineers
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures
- Native level of Japanese and business level of English communication skill
- 6+ years technical experience in virtual network and security (IDPS and Sandbox and NGFW) technology related SE work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise and service provider environments
- 3+ years technical experience in SD-WAN or ADC technology related on SE work.
- 3+ years technical experience in Container networking security related on SE work such as K8S and Calico and Flannel and ServiceMesh (Optional requirements)
- Deep understand vSphere hypervisor hands on and architecture experience.
- Deep understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based deep knowledge (BGP/ OSPF / IPv6) and IP networking design.
- Understand Linux OS and Public cloud (AWS and Azure) basic operation.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top