Solution Engineers (Telco Cloud, VMWare)
Solution Engineers (Telco Cloud, VMWare)
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics - all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
TSB creates products and solutions catering for the worldwide telecommunications market, which is exploding with new and exciting opportunities made possible by new developments such as 5G, Internet of Things, and virtualized radio access networks (RANs). The market consists of communication service providers, managed service providers, hosting companies, content delivery network companies, cloud service providers, and consumer/enterprise web-technology providers. Our engineering team is responsible for the creation and delivery of great software products and solutions, as well as services offerings for and to this market. The team works closely with a world-class product management team in defining and road-mapping the offerings. We take pride in creating market leading products which are unique, cutting-edge, and win the confidence of Telco customers
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer in our Engineering Development team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you'll achieve as a Senior Software Engineer, with a strong background in Telco & VMWare Technologies! We are looking for talented, driven, self-starter individuals to join our Telecom Systems Business (TSB) engineering team.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to design, validate, document and deliver best in class solutions with Dell and partner product portfolio
- As part of solution engineering, your primary responsibility is to design, implement, and deliver Telco Solutions for Dell Technologies based on VMWare architecture
- Setup infrastructure to validate various combination of Dell and partner product portfolio to build the best in class solutions for the customer
- Document technical collateral as whitepaper, solution brief and technical guide for customer and field to deploy and run Dell Tech solutions
- Participate and collaborate with product teams to design, implement, and deliver one or more functional building blocks of a planned software platform product
- Provide input to the creation of technical and/or marketing communications
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:
- 5+ years' experience working with Telecommunications Service Providers - Designing, deploying and maintaining large scale Mobile and/or Wireline telecommunications network and cloud architectures.
- Rich experience designing and implementing complex disaggregated multi-vendor solutions for Telco's.
- Strong experience in designing and deploying VMware virtualization, cloud management and cloud operations products & technologies - Telco Cloud Platform (TCP), vSphere, vSAN, NSX, and vRealize Operations - vCloud Director and VMware Integrated Openstack preferred
- Technical understanding of Kubernetes and Containers, including deployment models, management and orchestration
- Demonstrated ability to present complex technical topics and build high value technical collateral
- B.E./B. Tech/ MCA with at least 6-9 years of experience or M.E./M. Tech in Computer Science with similar experience
- Proven track record of project management through entire life cycle of a product or solution - from ideation to implementation and sustaining and recognition and technical credibility in the telecommunications community
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Back to top