Software Senior Engineer - India R&D
- Bengaluru, India
Job Title : Software Senior Engineer - India R&D
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Engineer on our Software Engineering team in Bangalore.
About Business Unit:
DellEMC OS & Hypervisor Engineering team focuses on integrating and certifying supported Server Operating Systems and Hypervisors on DellEMC PowerEdge Servers. We work closely with various Enterprise OS Partners including Microsoft, RedHat, SuSE and VMware focusing on seamless integration of industry's new and leading Server and OS technologies.
Join us as a Software Senior Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
- Lead projects related to enablement of multiple flavors of VMware ESXi on Dell Enterprise Hardware.
- Develop/Maintain Test Strategy/Test Plans for Platform Enablement as needed for the projects.
- Uncover high quality defects, perform as Issue Manager and take them to closure by working with the relevant stakeholders (internal teams as well as OS vendors).
- Troubleshoot system/component issues (HW/SW). Characterize, contain and assist in Root Cause Analysis of the defects of reasonable to high complexity on multiple ESXi versions.
- Provide adequate technical details to the internal and external teams to substantiate the findings and drive issue resolution.
- Keep track of developments in VMware ESXi, other Hypervisors and Container Technologies. Use the knowledge to improve internal engineering processes.
- Present Engineering Status update for the projects in relevant meetings as needed.
- Build rapport with the vendors and the teams at Dell. Work in coordination with the teams to achieve engineering objectives. Assist other Dell teams, as and when needed to resolve OS/Hypervisor related issues.
- Should have 6-8 years of relevant experience in OS internals/OS root cause analysis with understanding of OS, Hypervisors, Container Technologies, Networking and Storage subsystems.
- Must have good analytical skills to trouble shoot technical issues .
- Should have a good understanding in computer hardware, especially CISC architecture.
- Educational Qualification : Engineering/Masters graduate in Electronics/Computer Science.
- Experience in embedded / real-time systems, software defined network functions will be a plus.
- Experience in leading teams on validation / defect resolution and experience in Vendor interaction will be a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It's how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Application closing date: 30 December 2020
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Back to top