Software Quality Engineer 2
Software Quality Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Quality Engineer on our Software Quality Engineering team in Hopkinton, MA.
Our Software Quality Engineering team ensures that our next-generation software is of the highest quality. We conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that our software meets or exceeds end-user requirements. We debug software products, oversee the development of test plans, ensure system tests are documented, analyze the results, provide feedback to developers and make sure that all problems are resolved. We also select testing specifications for new products and ensure testing procedures comply with industry-specific standards.
- Team member to design, develop, document, implement, and execute automation tests for our high end storage platform This includes writing/debugging test cases in Perl, Python within our test frame infrastructures.
- Team member will also be using Dell's multi-platform interfaces for managing storage array systems. The focus is on the test development and automation of test cases requiring constant interaction with both product developers, automation and test engineers. Debugging and failure analysis are a must for the successful candidate. In addition, the candidate should exhibit self-sufficiency, high levels of motivation, and the ability to quickly and thoroughly learn new and complex topics. Concentration will be on data migration, replication technologies and storage tiering.
- Strong test automation knowledge in Perl and/or Python on Linux, UNIX and/or Windows operating system platforms
- Proven ability to deliver quality portable Perl and Python
- Ability to work effectively in fast paced multi-team test development environment
- Has cross-platform analysis and troubleshooting ability
- Possess working knowledge with both UNIX, Linux and Windows file systems
- Ability to write detailed technical documents including test plans, functional specifications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Education requirement- Technical BS degree and undergraduate or graduate work in engineering and computer science or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years' experience required, preferably in storage testing and software development.
- Experience working in remote/virtual teams
- General knowledge of Enterprise Storage Software is desired
- Client/Server testing experience welcomed
- VMware experience is desirable
- Working knowledge of software IDEs and debugging tools
- Knowledge of computer system performance analysis and measurement
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Back to top