Software Principal Engineer - Devops
- Bengaluru, India
About RSA :
RSA oﬀers mission-driven security solutions that provide organizations with a uniﬁed approach to managing digital risk that hinges on integrated visibility, automated insights and coordinated actions. RSA solutions are designed to eﬀectively detect and respond to advanced attacks; manage user access control; and reduce business risk, fraud and cybercrime. RSA protects millions of users around the world and helps more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 companies, and every branch of the U.S. federal government, thrive and continuously adapt to transformational change. For more information, go to rsa.com .
RSA creates a wide range of industry-leading products that allow customers to take control of risk. Whether those risks stem from external cyber threats, identity and access management challenges, online fraud, compliance pressure or any number of other business and technology issues. RSA's goal is to deliver value to customers as rapidly as possible. To support this, we are increasing the efficiency and speed of software engineering and deployment. We are building out a Release Engineering and DevOps team to support transformation of our Development , Release and Operations teams. This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer who has a passion for enabling rapid deployment pipelines.
You will have an opportunity to support RSA's ongoing large-scale cloud initiatives. This will involve you working closely with skilled Development and Operations teams, using your experience to ensure that all needs are met as part of code and infrastructure deployment. You will be expected to understand the needs of software development, Release Engineering, operations, and security teams. You will be learning the products, providing guidance to all teams, and ensuring DevOps Methodologies are followed while building out and releasing our application platform.
- 8+ years of experience working in software engineering, with at least 5 years working in Release engineering. Experience in DevOps and operational role would be an added advantage.
- Hands on experience with release engineering and build tools.
- Working experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS)
- Strong DevOps background (DevOps tools, technologies, processes and Culture)
- Experience setting up build process and configuring CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, AWS Developer Tools, Github, GitLab CI)
- Experience with configuration and orchestration tools (e.g Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation)
- Distributed systems operations (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Software Development experience in any one of the programming language (eg Golang, Python, Java, .Net)
- Good understanding of system architecture (servers, networking, storage, active directory)
- Ability to work in Linux, Windows, and serverless environments, as well as associated code frameworks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- BS/B-tech in CS, IT, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Skilled in developing new deployment pipelines and processes from scratch
- Experience with SaaS services that have migrated to cloud environments
- Good understanding of AWS tool suites and capabilities
- Focused on security as a top-level concern throughout the system
- Understands how to use data to make decisions and discover information about the system
- Communicates effectively with both technical and less-technical team members
- Compassionate and empathetic when communicating with external and internal customers in order to deliver a pleasant experience
- Understands the need for managing change in a system
- Seeks out opportunities to improve the system and make positive changes
- Focused on continuous documentation and delivery of information in an easily consumable form.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
RSA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at RSA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. RSA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Back to top