Software Engineering Manager – PS Platforms & Apps
- Sofia, Bulgaria
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You will enjoy this opportunity if your goal is to build and grow a team which can innovate daily by delivery 'WOW' feature and products, leveraging latest methodologies, user experience trends and resources for modern applications. In a fast-growing Customer Success organization, we love delighting our customers by turning complexity into simplicity and having single state of the art user experience. We don't believe in minimal viable products and strategy for just delivering scrapy features or products, but we believe in minimal lovable products.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We need someone who can operate, hire, develop, and promote people based on our values below.
Someone who never settle for OK-ish engineering design and quality and always push for excellence and challenge his/her team on a daily basis.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- You will be leading a close-knit team of 8-10 engineers through all phases of the SDLC
- Analysis & Design of new features and/or products, including collaboration with Product Managers and Product Designers
- Planning & Implementation - Provide delivery plan, schedule and commitment to second level management
- Maintenance and Support - You will be responsible for L1/L2/L3 support of the features/products you are delivering.
- You might play a SCRUM master role, being responsible of task assignments
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Experience in leading software development teams and products through multiple releases
- Good leadership, people management, and interpersonal skills
- Passion to coach others and share knowledge with your team
- Ability to inspire and lead a group of senior engineers through the design and implementation phases of services and products that are developed in parallel
- Experience with at least one programming language as Java (preferred), C#, etc.
- Experience in building SaaS products, leveraging latest CI/CD and DevOps best practices
- Experience in building WOW UX/UI by leveraging JS related frameworks like Anguler, React, Vue.js and etc.
- Experience in defining and implementing E2E quality testing plans and leveraging frameworks like Selenium, Protractor, Karma and etc.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
We believe that any success comes from two things: our people and our culture. We believe that people working in a great culture will produce the best outcome. Our culture is our DNA, it defines who we are, how we operate, and how we celebrate each achievement together.
The hiring manager for this role is Ivo Delchev, Engineering Director. His expertise has been built from the frontlines with roles in product development for the past 15 years.
The engineering organization in Sofia is made up of 3 scrum teams with 8+ software developers each, QE team with 5 engineers, 2 DevOps engineers and currently one 1 Product Designer.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visitingbenefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Product Dev Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top