Software engineer with Python - Developer Relations team, Security BU
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success.
We're looking for Software Engineers to join the Developer Relations team that enables customers to integrate the Carbon Black Cloud products into their environment. The Developer Relations team enables customers to do more with VMware Carbon Black by building integrations, promoting API usage and cultivating a thri ving ecosystem of developers . The starting point for engineers wanting to integrat e their product or environment w i th Carbon Black Cloud is the Developer Network ( https://developer.carbonblack.com/ ) .
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to development of new integrations for strategic partnerships between VMware Carbon Black and other products
- Contribute to the development of the Carbon Black Python Bindin gs, a library that enables use of the APIs through a python library
- Build example code of how to use the APIs in interesting ways
- Engage with the developer community that uses Carbon Black Cloud APIs and Integrations to influence the direction of integration development
- Contribute to product direction in design discussions.
- Contribute to team initiatives to drive quality engineering practices
- Review and guide development of Restful APIs
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Proactively move the technology base to use the latest tools and frameworks for best performance; considering costs and scale.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and customer facing teams to deliver the right solution s .
- Support existing integrations .
What You'll Bring:
- Passion for software development as a craft and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment where the focus is on value delivered, not tasks completed
- 4+ years experience in designing and delivering commercial software products.
- Expert level expertise programming in Python language and automated build pipelines
- Demonstrated aptitude in quickly mastering new languages , technologies and existing code bases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
There are several roles available and the team is growing in multiple countries. While a ll roles require hands on software engineering compe tency, we are looking for a mix of complementary skills t o grow the team to include strong technical expertise , quality engineering experience such as pipeline and automation skills, and customer facing aspects such as ability to engage with product management and deliver developer focused inform ation.
We encourage applicants to highlight in their application what they would bring to the Carbon Black Developer Relations team and why it's an exciting opportunity.
This position is eligible for CarbonBlackSofia referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top