- Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, helps customers accelerate their digital transformation. VMware enables enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT with VMware Cross-Cloud Architecture™ and solutions for the data center, mobility, and security.
VMware is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has over 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners worldwide and 20,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about?
Do you love solving problems and delivering groundbreaking solutions? Do you like helping clients to get it right whether it means guiding design, implementation or deployment? Are you ready to grow your career by using your architecture and development expertise to bridge the gap between product and business?
Our Professional Services Center of Excellence is seeking a talented Architect who shares a real passion for technology, innovation and enthusiasm to exceed customer expectations and increase our best-in-class position.
Our team acquires a deep understanding of the customers' business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements for managing a heterogeneous, hybrid cloud. As an architect, you'll use the technical abilities of the consulting team to drive and own solutions which assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes.
VMware's Professional Services Center of Excellence:
We work in enterprise markets and offer solutions scale with millions of objects. We consult the top Fortune 500 companies in the world on services such as Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, Storage and IT services Delivery. Our Automation and Orchestration Consultants work with VMware technologies which assist with the automation, orchestration and management of virtual infrastructure and Cloud.
We deliver solutions to help customers to fully benefit from the possibilities of a virtual infrastructure by integrating third party products and automating processes. To achieve this, the following VMware products are mainly but not solely used:
- vRealize Orchestrator
- vRealize Automation
- vRealize Operations
A typical day may include:
- You'll collaborate with project teams on larger projects. You'll guide and advise customers and colleagues while independently conducting small to medium engagements with clients.
- You'll analyze customer requirements. Break down high-level requirements to build out the delivery road map to design and implement pre-packaged technology solutions based on VMware Management product stack.
- You'll create customer-facing solution documentation and specifications.
- You'll write code and script to produce and refine custom solutions, focusing on test driven development and Agile methodologies as well as deploy and configure products.
- You'll research new technologies and provide technical guidance to management.
- You'll generate estimates and plans for delivery based on requirements and assumptions.
- You'll document standard methodologies in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by the team, customers and partners.
- You'll grow and maintain knowledge of the entire VMware product line.
- You're experienced in modern software development methodologies, with an emphasis on software architecture, and infrastructure design.
- You have strong application software development experience in Linux, Unix (e.g. Solaris) or Windows operating systems. Systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage
- You have professional level English skills.
- Science degree (BSc, MSc) degree or equivalent technical training
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
- Understanding of modern IT production datacenter and Internet hosting operations
- A good practical understanding of Web-based application development, including cgi-bin, and Apache or IIS server platforms
- Experience as a professional services consultant or software engineer, preferably with an Internet, Cloud or "Big 5" consulting organization
- German, French, Spanish, Italian or another European language is a plus
- Ability to travel throughout Europe up to 25% as needed
- Flexible working time
- Diverse team and fresh team culture
- Kids-oriented programs - summer schools and events, health insurance plans
- Trainings and personal development opportunities
- Gradual onboarding, individual plan
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives.
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-01-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top