Senior Technician, Technical Support
- Oklahoma City, OK
Senior Customer Support Agent, Technical Services
Oklahoma City, OK
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn't end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for our customers whenever they need help - by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there's an issue with a customer's product, we'll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us as a Senior Customer Support Agent on our Technical Services team in Oklahoma City to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What will your next job look like? Will it provide hands-on, technical and customer-facing training designed just for you-the eager self-starter?
Will you have the perfect balance of being part of an established company, with a start-up, entrepreneurism like no other in the industry?
Do you have strong technical aptitude combined with empathetic interpersonal skills? Imagine what formal on the job training, and the full weight of Dell behind you, will do for your career.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a customer-first mentality, we can teach you the rest.
As part of our Technical Support team you will work with highly skilled technical advisors to develop and deliver solutions that enable customers to maximize returns on IT investments, drive efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Provide first rate Technical Support on Dell supplied products and/or peripherals
- Use troubleshooting techniques and tools learned n in training to identify technical defects/issues
- Assign incidents in line with documented guidelines and procedures
- Actively support the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution, keeping the customer informed and updated throughout life of incident
- Clearly and concisely log and track details of solutions provided to resolve customer issues while maintaining and updating customer database
- First-rate customer focus, phone etiquette and work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations and communicate professionally with (occasional) irate customers
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills using operational and diagnostic procedures
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience solving problems in a customer relations environment
- Ability to work different days: M-F, or Tu-Sa, or Su-Th.
- Ability to work different hours: am hours, pm hours: same hours/days each week/month, but can change every 3 months. 8 hours/day for 40 hours/week.
- Any relevant industry certifications (such as A+, Network +, CCNA or VMWare) a plus
- Knowledge of computer hardware/software a plus
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play-providing customers with the industry's broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities- all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Back to top