Senior Quality Engineer - VM Platform Security Engineering Team
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Senior Member of Technical Staff in VM Platform Security Engineering Team is a role that combines the responsibilities of development of test software and testing environment. It is a challenging role and provides an opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the product quality of core technology in VMware's flagship product vSphere especially the platform security related features. You will be working with a diverse team of highly motivated and talented engineers, in a supportive work environment. If you are full of energy, and dare to push the boundary, this is the job for you.
An engineer in this position would work across teams during different phases of the product development lifecycle. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Co-own the feature success with other development and test engineers in a DevOps environment.
- Participate in the feature architecture and design discussions.
- Develop & review feature test plans and test design specs.
- Architect and design test frameworks and implement automated tests to validate different aspects of the product feature.
- Execute test cases, analyze the test failures, debug product and test code and report bugs and work towards bug fixes.
This is a development position with emphasis on automated testing. Candidates applying for this position
must have strong technical and software development skills
- BS or MS in Engineering or CS
- Strong programming skills in at least one object-oriented language (Java or C++)
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language - Perl/Python.
- Cross-platform (Linux, OS X, and Windows) experience desirable.
- Strong problem solving, analysis and debugging skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
This position is eligible for ProjectMonterey referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-18
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top