Senior Principal Software Engineer - Cloud Platform Team
- Seattle, WA
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Dell Technologies has had a 35-year history and track record of delivering ground-breaking products, solutions and services to help millions of customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! As we define our mission for the next 35 years - the opportunities to reshape the cloud are massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled commitment to customer success and focus on innovation. We are making huge bets and fast progress to bring clouds to our customers - wherever they may be!
If want to join the 'ground-floor' of a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to lead a generational transformation for ourselves, and our customers - this role may be just the right opportunity for you! As the Senior Principal Software Developer, you will be a part of a team that will design, develop and deliver a microservices based cloud software solution on a service-mesh using modern orchestration technologies.
You will be accountable for the following:
Cloud Platform Development
- Be a technical leader in an engineering organization.
- Be a key contributor on an Agile development team, collaboratively realizing business value through iterative software development lifecycle.
- Design, development, and end to end testing of Dell Cloud products including enhancements and/or resolutions of issues that may be reported adhering to Dell Technologies Cloud standards
- Investigate and resolve customer issues with software solutions and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Prepare test data for unit, integration, end to end, regression and performance testing.
- Work across teams and organizations to deliver end to end solutions and raise the bar on development practices.
- Mentor and grow talent across an engineering organization.
- Participate in design collaboration, code reviews
- DevOps rollout and implementation
- Develop and drive deployment of production ready code using CI/CD
- Writing code for serviceability
- Take full responsibility for the availability and performance of your team's services.
- 12+ years of software development experience with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience as a technical leader for multiple engineering teams.
- Expert at problem solving, algorithms, and data structures.
- Expert designing and implementing RESTful web services in Java with detailed understanding of J2EE internals.
- Expert in designing, implementing, and operating solutions based on a microservice architecture
- Expert in developing and implementing highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems
- Experience working with and evangelizing mature development practices and tools for source control, security, and deployment.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Databases, Linux OS, and Authentication/Authorization
- Experience with Cloud platforms and Public Cloud providers
- Experience owning services end to end, from concept to continuously serving customers.
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed through mentoring and leading by example.
- Self-starter, and Self-motivated, able to learn and work autonomously.
- Able to identify and lead technical efforts to solve real customer problems.
- Able to drive clarity out of ambiguity for more junior engineers.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Back to top