Senior Performance Automation Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Senior Performance Engineer (Automation) Job Description
Great opportunity for Engineers interested in a deeply technical learning experience within VMware's Performance Engineering Organization. Our members gain in-dept knowledge of the behavior of complex software systems while characterizing and optimizing application performance in leading-edge virtualization environments. We analyze and further improve performance of virtualization components for VMware's key product portfolio.
Build and maintain a comprehensive suite of performance workload tests, benchmarks & tools.
Monitor performance and scalability requirements of VMware's core hypervisor product.
Analyze and design performance tests for new product features as they apply to underlying hardware architecture designs from Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA.
Support developer enablement and prototype testing via one-off experiments and self-services.
Demonstrate expertise of end-to-end performance test areas.
Continuously review product code for optimizations and performance improvements.
Participate in VMware's internal R&D innovation/hacking events and conferences.
- Bachelor of Science/Master's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- 8+ years of experience in performance engineering or software QA.
- Workload and framework automation.
- Working knowledge and understanding of core networking concepts & terminology.
- Hands-on experience in network performance & diagnostic tools (iPerf, NetIO, NetPerf, NetStress).
- Knowledge of NIC functionality and related driver testing.
- System administration experience (Linux and Windows).
- Good working knowledge of virtualization concepts and cloud computing.
- In-depth knowledge of scripting languages (Shell and Python).
- Hands-on experience in performance tools & benchmarks use and analysis.
- Experience in testing storage/networking device drivers.
Nice to Have
- Exposure to SmartNIC architecture and overview of use.
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere or related products.
- Practical knowledge of processor architectures (Intel, AMD, NVIDIA).
- Knowledge of operating system internals (Linux).
We monitor, analyze, and optimize end-to-end performance of VMware's products including minimizing hypervisor overheads and accelerating IO. Our core deliverables include developing and maintaining automated performance tracking environments for vSphere. We generate large amounts of visualized performance data through dashboards and monitor the same for identifying and preventing costly product performance regressions prior to release. Daily tasks involve top-of-build-tree test execution and use of code triage methods (Binary Search) to identify code changes leading up to performance issues. We also engage with the greater R&D for early up-stream detection/prevention of performance issues and new feature analysis via one-off experimentations using new workloads.
Why Join VMware
Our people create and release innovative products that are the envy of the industry. Take part in our journey to uphold our strong reputation for cutting-edge performance; high quality; award-winning industry-leading products, and solutions. Here is a list of key reasons for joining the VMware Team:
- Work for the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center.
- Make an impact on your career; your team; the company; the industry, and the world by fundamentally transforming how people and organizations use laptops, desktops, servers and data centers.
- Voice your creative and innovative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Learn from approachable, responsive executive management team, and high caliber colleagues
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness, collaboration, and balance.
- Earn a competitive salary and performance-based bonuses, and benefit increases.
- Grow professionally and personally by accessing our vast in-house R&D Training courses plus education assistance program.
- Advance your career in our strong promote-from-within culture.
- Enjoy a generous benefits package that really take care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top