Senior Member of Technical Staff - QE
- Palo Alto, CA
VeloCloud, now part of VMware, is solving enterprise problems of cost-effectively provisioning branch, SMB and mobile users with both high performance and controlled access to Public and Private Cloud Applications. Accessibility to cloud network becomes critical as applications and services migrate from local sites and Data Centres to the cloud, access over fixed and mobile broadband.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud.
- As a lead member of the team, you will develop and improve the overall test strategies and quality of the team's deliverables.
- You will be responsible to design and replicate customer topologies in house, testing, customer issues recreations that involve complex networking concepts, virtualization etc.
- You will be responsible for complex test methodologies and deliverables that include system, scale (solution) testing.
- Bring in a strong solution testing plan and improve product quality in each release by reducing Customer found issues.
- Contribute to Solution test automation
- You will work with various partners like PM, Development team to develop, review release targets, and test plans.
- MS in Engineering, Science, Technology, Computer Science or bachelor's 8+ years of work experience
- 8-10 years of solid networking product testing experience including test planning, conducting successful PoC.
- 2-3 years of proven experience in system, solution scale, and performance testing.
- Excellent skills on L2-L7 (Ethernet, VLAN, Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, Multicast) Networking protocols and debugging.
- Hands-on experience on Cloud infrastructure (vSphere, KVM, OpenStack, AWS etc)
- Hands-on experience test automation using Python, TCL, Shell Scripting (at least one language proficiency)
- Hands-on experience on enterprise (Spirent, IXIA), open-source network traffic generation / debugging tools (iperf, hping, tcpdump, iptables, netem etc)
- Understand complicated cloud and data center infrastructure, deployments.
- Provide technical expertise in system architecture, drive, and recommend optimal testing strategies.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Quality Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top