Senior Member of Technical Staff (DevOps Engineer, Python and Linux)
- Pune, India
VMware is looking for software engineers who are interested in joining NSBU DevOps Team. The ideal candidate is someone who has a wide variety of experience ranging from Linux system administration, networking skills, object oriented programming, virtualization software, building clouds/cloud administration.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about building efficient infrastructure for building & testing enterprise scale software. This engineer is creative and eager to take on the challenge of building, testing and managing distributed infrastructure. Use computer science and latest software development methodologies rather than merely hacking together yet another script.
You will participate in many innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast paced and technically driven environment. You'll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture.
This is a rewarding position for people who love to problem solve, revel in figuring out complex problems, work with core infrastructure, and have a thirst for learning.
• Strong coding skills in Python with emphasis on writing modular, scalable code.
• Familiarity with common unit test frameworks in C++, Python, Java
• Familiarity with code coverage tools in C++, Python, Java
• Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process.
• Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking.
• Experience with Git, Perforce
• Experience with build tools like Makefile, Ant, Maven, Bazel
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Python, Perl, Shell Scripts
• Experience with Django, BuildBot, Python based testing frameworks.
• Experience with Jenkins
• Experience with Software Management and Release Process
• Develop scalable build and testing infrastructure.
• Develop test metric reporting system to including scan progress, results, and coverage.
• Strong passion for developing new software - fast. Participate in code reviews.
• Participate in the architecture, design, and implementation of next generation Testing infrastructure
• Communicate with all stakeholders and team members and provide updates perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
A Computer Science or related undergraduate and/or master's degree is required. Any other demonstrated high technology aptitude is desired.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-18
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top