Senior Engineer, Service Delivery
- Gurgaon, India
Senior Engineer, Service Delivery
Dell Technologies customers rely on our products and services to drive progress. So we take the service we provide extremely seriously. Service Delivery is all about making sure our technical solutions help clients fulfill their priorities, challenges and initiatives. As trusted advisors, we build in-depth knowledge of what each client wants to achieve. Then we make sure the services delivered by Dell Technologies deliver on all our promises. We also work closely with Sales and Global Services colleagues to develop strategic account growth plans, and to identify and pursue sales opportunities. Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Senior Engineer on our Service Delivery team in Gurgaon.
The Asset Management Advisor will support the day to day activities of a cross-functional team to deliver ITAM Services for one or more Dell Managed Services customers. The role will require prior experience in IT Asset Management - ITAM and the functions that support asset lifecycle management.The desired candidate will be detail and task oriented while at the same time capable of seeing the broader picture. The responsibilities of this customer facing position include:
- Identify areas for ITAM to add value and ROI
- Effective communication with all stakeholders towards the goal of maximizing Customer Experience
- Ensure the accurate collection, storage, and maintenance of data on all in-scope devices in the asset repository
- Ensure that the delivery of the asset management service meets all requirements as defined in customer agreements and Service Levels
- Track assets throughout their lifecycle, with special focus on missing and off network assets
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of lifecycle data relating to program assets and the asset tracking system
- Track lease and warranty data in support of refresh as well as end of life processes and projects
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies to maintain integrity of asset data
- Manage preparation and distribution of pre-defined and ad-hoc reports
- Identify and report on potential issues with the asset tracking tool, supporting systems and inputs
- Develop and maintain related program and process documentation
- Assist customers in identifying issues, obstacles and alternatives for resolution
- Support audit and remediation efforts as needed
- Identify and implement continual process improvements and operational efficiencies
- Focus on innovation to deliver relevant solutions to meet our customers' needs
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate a depth of understanding of hardware asset management, policies, procedures and ITAM best practices
- Ability to function within a global organization with a matrix leadership model
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with the objective of delivering a positive customer experience
- Proven history in building Quality Assurance concepts and practices into all aspects of an ITAM program
- Proactive and self-motivated
- 9+ years of IT experience out of which 6+ years related to Hardware IT Asset Management, with a bachelor's or master's degree
- Should have a good understanding of hardware asset management policies, procedures and best practices
- Experience using industry standard ITAM solutions like Flexera, SNOW Software, Aspera etc.
- • Good working knowledge of ITSM systems like ServiceNow and Remedy
- An understanding of End Point Management systems like SCCM, Workspace ONE etc.
- Moderate to Advanced experience using MS Excel, Access, SQL and similar tools
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and present results to business leaders
- The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple organizational levels and cross functional teams
- Excellent customer skills
- ITIL v3 or 4 foundation certified
- Open to work in night shifts (US working hours).
Preferred Skills and Certifications
- IAITAM certifications: Certified Hardware Asset Manager - CHAMP, Certified IT Asset Manager - CITAM
- Experience working in a Managed Services environment
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play-providing customers with the industry's broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities- all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Back to top