Senior Colleague Support Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
VMware IT colleague Experience and Technology department provides technology services and support enabling efficiency and productivity of our colleagues. In this role, you will be a senior technical SME who will function as the VMware IT Service Desk's ambassador for the knowledge area and apply your expertise to support team's vision and strategic direction. In this role, you will get hands-on with VMware products like Workspace ONE, Horizon, etc. and be a part of an inclusive team where different minds work together to drive efficiency and productivity for our VMware colleagues
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
You will be consulted as an SME working closely with a team of Colleague Support Engineers and other Internal IT members to provide the best of technical resolutions and play a key role in ensuring the best possible Colleague experience by constant mentoring and improvisation.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- You will need a strong technical orientation; be a creative problem solver, solving operational challenges through automation; be motivated to advance in the field; and work well in a team-oriented environment
- You will have to establish a reputation of strong technical member within the organization and demonstrates influence within your area of expertise
- We will need your ability to identify the loopholes in current process and identify improvements to achieve delightful support for our colleagues
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of the Colleague Experience and Technology team, you will:
- Be expected to solve problems escalated by L1, L2 and various other support teams
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Work closely with the IT product owners, Command Center to engage the appropriate tier 2 support teams in a timely manner
- Interact with a variety of stakeholders throughout the organization such as IT, Engineering, HR, and Facilities to understand customer contacts, workflow, and make recommendations to improve processes
- Need to be flexible in working in a 24/7 environment
- End-User Device Management - Active Directory/MDM - AirWatch/Intune/JAMF
- Active Directory and Exchange Administration - Concepts of Objects/OU, Group Polices, Mailbox Administration
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Windows PowerShell/Bash/VB - Be able to understand and create scripts for Helpdesk role
- Experience in handling multiple OS - Windows 10, Mac OSX, Android and iOS: Navigation and Troubleshooting, Linux [Will be an added advantage]
- Should have knowledge in networking such as troubleshooting Lan, Wi-Fi, VPN issues
- Should have good self-presentation skills to interact comfortably in person with senior executives as well as live Video calls and resolve IT issues through the interaction
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
- 5-8 Years previous IT Service Desk and/or Technical Support experience required
- Keen attention to detail, memory of patterns, and interest in problem-solving
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- You to have worked in an environment involving automation scripting, that is a plus
- You to have worked on projects and managed projects internally or externally, with successful delivery
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
This role will be reporting to the Manager, Colleague Support for VMware IT Service Desk. He has expertise in people management, processes & technology and focuses on reducing the reliance on manual efforts by replacing common, repetitive tasks with automated capabilities.
He works towards leading and building strategic directions to drive motivation & inspiration to deliver value proposition and delightful always-on experience for VMware colleagues
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Computer Operations Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top