Principle Software Engineer (Embedded Systems)
- Flexible / Remote
As a member of the Client Platform Software Engineering team you will be a part of the team planning, designing, delivering and sustaining our next-generation of firmware and software application to support our new products and solutions. Working on the latest technologies with the industry leading tools and development methodologies, we design and develop software and firmware for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics.
• Design and implement firmware on embedded controller (MIPS/ARC/ARM core) processors in both a single threaded/interrupt driven codebase, as well as in an RTOS environment
• Implement solutions using C programming/assembly and conduct design/code reviews
• Use logic analyzers, scopes, debuggers/ITPS and other hardware tools to develop and debug system firmware
• Work on all aspects of the software development life cycle, using specifications to assist in design documentation, code development, debugging and validation
• Work with system, firmware and software architects on feature definitions, requirements, and behavior specifications
• Work with both internal groups and external partners, vendors and ODMs to define interface specifications
• BSEE, BSCE, BSCS or related degree plus 10+ years of current embedded software development experience
• Experience developing firmware for PC architecture
• C programming, Assembly experience, Compilers, assemblers, debuggers
• Ability to analyze electrical schematic diagrams, as well as to use ITPs, scopes, and logic analyzers
• Familiar with latest technology trends (wireless charging, type-C) and various HW bus interface (SMBUS, LPC, I2C, PS2, etc)
• Experience with the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL), including threat modeling and penetration testing
• UEFI BIOS development experience
• Experience with Git and the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira and Confluence)using the Atlassian suite of tools (BitBucket, Bamboo, Jira and Confluence)
• Familiar with various hardware bus interfaces such as PCI, SMBUS, LPC, I2C, etc.
• Strong programming experience using languages such as C, C++ or C#
• Experience with Security Development Lifecycle (SDL). This includes process integration to manage SDL activities within the product architecture, development and production phases.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play-providing customers with the industry's broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities- all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Back to top