Principal Software Engineer - IT (Salesforce Software Engineer)
Be a part of a team that's ensuring Dell Technologies' product integrity and customer satisfaction. Our IT Software Engineer team turns business requirements into technology solutions by designing, coding and testing/debugging applications, as well as documenting procedures for use and constantly seeking quality improvements.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Principal Software Engineer (Salesforce Software Engineer) on our Software Engineer team in Cyberjaya .
What you'll achieve
As a Principal Software Engineer (Salesforce Software Engineer) ,you will be responsible to design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications, and diagnostics - all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies, and the collaboration of internal and external partners. You will work with Software Engineering team on next-generation software application enhancements.
- The Principal Software Engineer candidate would have 10 years of experience in implementing and architecting solutions with a focus on CRM/Salesforce.com. The candidate should have experience leading a technical/development team with a focus on the delivery and agile development methodologies.
- He/She should preferably have experience architecting cross-platform solutions including integrating SFDC with legacy/external applications, with ETL products (Boomi/Informatica).
- An in-depth understanding of the capabilities of the SFDC CRM application coupled with a good understanding of the business processes (Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Order Management, Quote Management, etc.,) is key.
- The person must have excellent exposure to and experience in SFDC Configuration/Admin, Apex coding, Visual Force, and Lightning Web Components is a big plus. He/She should be able to play the role of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Salesforce space to lead discussions on critical issues especially in the production environment.
- A successful candidate must be able to lead, analyze, and review architecture and design initiatives and drive implementation for the development of CRM Business products.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related area with 10+ years of working experience in software architecture/design experience of enterprise architecture/data related disciplines e.g. .NET, Java, C#
- 2+ years in a Technical Lead role and working knowledge in working with XML, SOAP
- Ability to recommend best practice Salesforce solutions based on business needs and objectives and ensure solutions are scalable and meet business requirements. Identify and document technical gaps
- Research Salesforce.com capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis and demonstrated experience architecting products that have successfully launched to market with scale.
- Ability to identify and understand relationships / interactions between systems, at multiple levels, from tactical to big picture.
- SFDC architecture, consulting and implementation experience and SFDC Dev/ADM certification is desirable
- Experience in AGILE/SCRUM and experience in developing test cases/automation scripts
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.