New Grad - Academy Program - Associate Project Manager
Start Date: July 2021
Role nature: Technical (software)
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website.
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor ), the Academy Training program is designed to fast track our new graduate hires from training into successful careers in the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. We offer you in-depth training focused on our most exciting technologies, while growing your skills throughout the progression.
Insights into your Role
The Associate Project Manager will work with our highly talented and experienced VMware Professional Services Consulting Team to deliver creative solutions to our customers to help unlock the benefits of our VMware products. In this role, you will use your consultative, communication, management and leadership skills to manage and deliver successful VMware software solutions (Cloud, Mobility, Network/Security) in a variety of industry verticals and customer environments. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the client and other team members on the day-to-day tasks involved with the solution delivery, including, but not limited to: planning, customer assessments, and managing and leading the project execution,
A typical day of an Associate Project Manager are as follows:
· Review individual project plans with team to make sure the scheduled tasks are on track to be delivered as per project schedule
· Interacting and coordinating with customer project manager and project team members to make sure that project dependencies are being completed
· Reviewing and making sure identified project risks are still not triggered, and take appropriate actions if they are triggered
· Reviewing project progress and status to identify and manage newly risks if necessary
· Collaborate with internal team and VMware partners to ensure successful project delivery and ensure the solution is appropriately addressing customer's problems and according to scope
· Manage and control project budget and financials
· Work closely with management to ensure that project documentations are being versioned and kept properly
· Build and maintain good customer relationship
· BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related.
· A self-motivated person with a love of technology and consulting, that will give their all to exceed goals and develop their career dreams.
· Customer focused, an outgoing individual that can build rapport easily, no matter what situation.
· A good listener with strong empathy skills, who can tune into customers and anticipate their needs.
· Someone who loves to collaborate, has strong business ethics and phenomenal communication skills.
· Resilient and positive, with a strong drive for results and the ability to both deal with ambiguity and thrive in a collaborative high-energy environment.
· Able to innovate and think out-of-the-box when comes to problem solving
· Passionate about technology and how it is changing the world for the better, especially within the cloud computing technologies space.
· Like to interact and work with different people from different walks of life .
· Leadership experience through either leading extracurricular activities (e.g. university clubs/committee) or volunteer work.
· Technical knowledge of or prior experience using VMware products is a plus.
Find out more:
Click to view: VMware Graduate Program
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Project Management
Experience: New Graduate
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top