Member of Technical Staff - vRealize Log Insight Cloud
- Bengaluru, India
A key part of VMware's cloud strategy is management of operations and automation for private, public and hybrid clouds. The Cloud Management Business Unit (CMBU) is developing several hybrid cloud management capabilities, accessible as SaaS services. Central to transformation of IT as we know it, the strategy will lead to an industry first multi-cloud management platforms and products. Common platforms will enable intelligence across time series data, inventories, events and logs enabling multiple vertical product functions. Details of our Cross-cloud Services can be found here - https://cloud.vmware.com . Log analytics is central to this strategy and vRealize Log Insight Cloud is an industry leading solution for hybrid clouds.
As a key member of the vRealize Log Insight Cloud R&D team, you will be required to work hands-on with cutting edge technologies, tools and development processes. From design of scalable and highly performant solutions, to communicating, implementing and supporting them, the job will require cross-geo and cross-functional interactions on a constant basis. Receiving mentorship from the best in the industry, the job offers great growth opportunities.
- At least 5, and up to 10 years' experience working with SaaS based services
- Hands on experience with Java or similar languages
- End-to-end experience with the development, testing, integration and deployment of commercial, `on-cloud' services
- Knowledge of Spring or similar frameworks. Hands on experience would be a plus
- Ability to write unit/integration tests - TDD is a plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be part of the on-duty rotation to provide 2-nd tier product support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6 + years over all experience
- Knowledge and/or experience working with technologies like ELK, Solr or other search analytics platforms would be a strong plus
- Knowledge of Kafka or similar technologies. Hands on experience would be a plus
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and AWS, or equivalent cloud and container technologies
- Experience in designing/building platforms that are scalable and fault tolerant
- Experience and/or desire to work in full stack mode
- Experience with multiple languages (Java, Python) and multiple frameworks (RDBMS, Redis etc)
- Demonstrable contribution to open source is a plus
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed team
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-08-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top