Member of Technical Staff - Telco Cloud
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit is looking for a highly motivated software systems engineer to join the team that is building core components in the Telco Cloud Platform. I n this role, you will be designing and building a product that is envisioned to disrupt the Telco industry.
You will work with the team to translate this vision into a scalable, carrier grade, NFV, Telco Cloud and edge computing solution to address the needs of the Telco customers and partners.
- Implement various services and modules of the Telco Cloud Platform.
- Work collaboratively with engineering team to make the platform reliable, scalable and secure.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers to develop and package a high-quality product/solution.
- Support production trial and deployment in customers networks.
- Document design and best practices while developing and deploying product solutions.
- Work in an agile development environment while continuously evaluating and improving engineering processes.
- B.S. or M.S. or equivalent in Computer Science/Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in software design and development
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong programming skills in Java. Go and Python is a plus
- Experience in working on Linux operating system
- Exposure to distributed, scalable software design
- Highly motivated team player
- Experience with working in fast-paced agile environment
- Exposure to Kubernetes is a plus
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top