Manager, Technical Support
- Shanghai, China
Manager of Technical Support enables and leads a highly skilled technical support team providing support to VMware's most strategic customers and imparts the VMware EPIC2 vision. Proven focus on building relationships and effective partnerships. We work closely with Support Engineers, peer Technical Support Managers, Global Support Services Leadership, Field Sales and Regional Escalations across the Core Product space to ensure VMware support delivers best-in-class service and support.
A large element of the position will require a focus on making VMware an outstanding place to work, team building, customer and employee satisfaction and performance improvement. You have a real passion for teamwork, superb communication, organizational skills and comfortable with customer outreach. Technical Support Managers lead and participate in several ongoing programs, projects and initiatives within the greater organization that often involves engineering, sales and product marketing teams.
- Provide superior technical support and service to the VMware customer base
- Gives and takes direction and feedback well
- Collaborate with the field, sales and service organizations and directly with the customer base on critical blocking issues and call resolution
- Lead and develop the support teams, including hiring, professional development and dedicated project work
- Design, develop, and implement processes, systems, and technology to support and improve the technical support function, including workflow and incident management.
- Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Support Function
- Lead change management and/or be involved in Global Strategic Initiatives
- Work with VMware's engineering team to implement formal feedback mechanisms for incidents, causes, and resolutions
- Is your background in the development and management of remote and international support groups and 24 x 7 support operations?
- Are you able to work varied shift seven days a week 8AM to 6PM?
- 5 years of experience in the software industry with a minimum of 3 years in technical support management, including people management?
- Extensive expertise in developing or using metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience, MBA a significant plus
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Familiarity with CRM or incident tracking and management systems such as SalesForce, Siebel, Remedy, Clarify, etc.
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top