Hardware Senior Principal Engineer
- Taipei, Taiwan
The reputation of Dell Technologies for delivering award-winning hardware is legendary and our Hardware Engineering team is at the heart of it. We design and develop analogue as well as digital hardware products - not just computer or network hardware devices but peripherals too. Recognized for our high level of technical expertise in a variety of engineering disciplines, we're involved across the development lifecycle - from research to the building, testing and delivery of completed products. Innovators in our field, we lead the way in exploring new concepts, approaches, processes, materials and components.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Hardware Senior Principal Engineer on our Global Server Storage Solution team in Taipei.
What you'll achieve
This position is for a Hardware Principal Engineer for RAID and HBA storage controller products in the Dell EMC Server and Infrastructure Systems team. The Storage Controller Hardware team is closely integrated to most of the development organizations, including server platforms, backplane hardware & firmware teams, systems management, and storage media. The position provides the opportunity for setting the technical and design direction for a storage subsystem along with responsibility for its implementation into the server product lines.
- Identify potential product weakness; provide design guidance and recommendations for improvements to subsequent redesigns; participate in cross-functional development efforts, which includes feature definition, supplier selection, development process execution and improvement, integration testing, fault isolation and resolution, manufacturing release, and resolution of design issues found in the field.
- Responsible for providing technical contribution to the specification; to development of storage solutions; and for debug of interactions through the RAID firmware and up to the OS code stacks.
- Duties include all activities necessary to take a design from concept to production including, architecture definition, schematics, component selection, debug, test, issue resolution and factory ramp support. Candidate will be expected to work under and deliver to date-driven schedules and write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation.
- The ideal candidate should have design and development experience with 15+ years.
- Good Server system architecture understanding, along with Power and Thermal domain expertise, System power optimizations is essential
- The ideal candidate should have design and development experience with storage controller RAID and/or HBA HW solutions in multiple implementations: embedded, PCIe adapter and external controller.
- The ideal candidate should also have experience with CPLD designs using Verilog coding, DDR memory/NAND technologies/interfaces, board layout and schematic tools and battery charging/management circuitry.
- Prior experience in Telco Grade Temperature range, analysis of 'Thermal Design Power' characterization is desirable.
- Target is a Bachelor or Master Electrical Engineering /Computer Engineering with 10-12+ years' storage controller RAID experience.
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Closing date: 31 July 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Back to top