Global Supply Base Quality Engineer
When you're creating technology that drives human progress, everything needs to be spot on. Our Supplier Process Engineering team works with our suppliers to enable them to produce materials and components of the highest quality. Working closely with our product developers, we select and monitor vendors and suppliers who can meet our high engineering and quality standards. In addition, we perform regular auditing and undertake design and development engineering assignments to develop new products or update existing products. We're also experts in establishing systems and procedures to enhance overall quality.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Global Supply Base Quality Engineer on our Global Operations team in Thailand.
What you'll achieve
At Dell, our talented supply chain experts and benchmarked processes and capabilities are supporting the company's transformation strategy. With in-house supply chain training and development programs that enable our team members to build their careers with us, we've built an environment where our team members feel inspired, connected and have the ability to succeed every day.
In this position, you will be responsible to manage suppliers' technical development and manage product quality for laptop, server, and storage products for Bare Printed Circuit Boards at two new suppliers to Dell, APCB and KCE. This opportunity offers a wide breadth of experiences and an advanced knowledge of Dell's supply chain. You will have networking opportunities with managers and executives, career development planning, soft skill training, developmental workshops, and a robust feedback/performance review process.
- Interface within Global Supply Base Quality Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Base Management and various suppliers to ensure products/piece parts meet expected quality levels.
- Represent Global Supply Base Quality Engineering on cross functional teams ensuring new product releases occur on time and at expected quality levels.
- Formulate, organize and manage continuous improvement projects that improve supplier efficiency, reduce product complexity, improve product quality/reliability and positively impact product cost.
- Manage technology development at suppliers consistent with Dell's technology roadmap, facilitate Design for Manufacturability (DFM) reviews and action closure, perform supplier audits, and monitor supplier/product quality throughout the product lifecycle.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to rationalize strategic direction into meaningful actions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In depth understanding of basic Engineering principles.
- Operational command of Microsoft outlook, Excel and word.
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.