E2E Test Automation Engineer, Octarine team, VMware Carbon Black
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Octarine, now a part of VMware, leads the space of Kubernetes and container security within VMware Carbon Black. Our products deliver end-to-end security solutions for customers running workloads in cloud-native environments, protecting applications against internal and external threats. To achieve this, we are solving various technological and product challenges, striving to build the best solution at the best quality and at an increasingly large scale. Join a talented team of engineers here in the Security Business Unit of VMware, comprising of Carbon Black Octarine product portfolio. Our stack is based on Go, C++, Python, React, AWS, Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra, and a whole lot around Kubernetes and Istio.
What You'll Do:
- Develop test procedures based on requirements, design documentation, realistic
- endpoint events and scenarios
- Design, implement and maintain complex test frameworks
- Design tests and test frameworks to be stable in the pipeline
- Support extended teams in troubleshooting problems, such as E2E test failures to narrow down root cause
- Provide feedback, propose solutions and suggest improvements in the product
- Meet industry standard compliance in materials, products, equipment and processes throughout the entire production phase
- Deploy and manage AWS instances for test deployments
- Orchestrate end-to-end test frameworks in various stages of the pipeline.
- Track test results as query-able time series data and alert upon failure in an automated fashion
- Support test failure troubleshooting in various relevant pipelines
- Support troubleshooting of customer found bugs and close the test coverage loop
- Collaborate with global E2E test engineering team to share and extend test frameworks
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in test frameworks and test automation
- 3+ years of experience with systems engineering and software development
- Strong analytical and programming skills (Python and/or Java preferred)
- Deep knowledge and experience working with Kubernetes
- Proven expertise troubleshooting containerized environments
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to lead discussions
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and great attention to detail
- Experience working with AWS services
- Solid understanding of tools such as Kafka, MongoDB a plus
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Security Experience a plus
- Good understanding of virtualization is a plus
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre employment screening process before you join.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top