Consultant, Data Engineering
Consultant, Data Engineering
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What's more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Consultant on our Data Engineering team in Hopkinton.
What you'll achieve
At Dell Technologies we are enabling the next data decade for our businesses and customers. With some of the biggest data implementations in the industry, the Dell Digital Data team is constantly reimagining and innovating the way data is consumed and enabled.
In this role we are looking for individuals who are passionate about data and the possibilities of leveraging it to power intelligent, insightful and impactful outcomes. You will be working with some of the best minds and talents in the data space including business stakeholders, architects, application teams, privacy, security, governance etc. We believe in empowering our teams and leaders to take end to end ownership of the outcomes with the highest focus on quality, stability, security and customer satisfaction.
Design and develop analytical design for business problem statement and progress the solution from design though the software development lifecycle to implementation using various analytics tools and techniques.
- Analyzes business needs and creates software and hardware solution blueprints.
- Work closely with Data Product Managers and Solution Architects to define use cases and measurable business metrics
- Works with engineering teams to check the feasibility of the solution, build stories and architects the solution for the Projects. Drives use cases through complete lifecycle.
- Prepares flow charts, systems diagrams and design documentation to assist in problem analysis.
- Designs, codes, tests and debugs software according to Dell's standards, policies and procedures.
- Mentoring junior team members on technical and functional skills. Should be a technical lead for the team and a great team player. Functional knowledge of business processes is required.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:
- 10 - 12 years of relevant IT experience in Data-Warehousing Technologies with excellent communication and Analytical skills
- Understanding of Big Data technologies
- Should possess the below skillset experience -
- Comfortable with ETL concepts
- Experience working with Teradata/Oracle/SQL Server/Greenplum as data warehouse databases
- Very strong in SQL (DDL, DML, procedural)
- Should know Unix and Shell Scripting
- Hands on experience with technologies like Spark and Hadoop HDFS, Hive, Hbase
- Hands on experience on change capture and ingestion tools - StreamSets, Informatica
- Knowledge on Kafka and Oracle GoldenGate
- Excellent knowledge in scheduling tools like Control-M
- Strong experience in Source code repositories like Git, SVN and Jenkins
- Working knowledge of NRT and associated Tech stack -Spark, MemSQL
- Ability to discuss and defend Architectural decisions with team of strong technical architects
- Understand Dev and Test process E2E
- Understands Data Architecture, data profiling, data quality
- Adheres to standards, Audits and Tie Outs
- Understands DevOps, CI/CD, DataOps
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills is a must have
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be experienced in diverse industry and tools and data warehousing technologies
- Good to have: Comfortable w/ pub sub model, ability to handle transaction logs;
- API, Microservices
- Scala, Python, Java, R, MADlib
- Good to have knowledge around data Security - Data classification, encryption capabilities, technologies
- Working knowledge of data science
- Mindset around Data Quality and willing to explore available capabilities with tools in market
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of application programming processes and procedures to the completion of complex assignments.
- Competent to analyze diverse and complex problems.
- Leads large budget projects.
- Advanced ability to effectively troubleshoot program errors.
- Build high reliability, high quality, high volume data pipelines
- Setup batch, micro batch, streaming pipelines
- Data ingestion, transformation, processing - batch & near real time
- Automated tests and tie outs, self-healing data jobs
- Build products that can support themselves with none to minimal support after rollout
- Ability to communicate complex insights in a precise and actionable manner
- Mindset to think differently; alignment to Industry standards; awareness of emerging technologies and industry trends
- Demonstrated experience in creating and presenting technical white papers
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Back to top