Dell Technologies APEX / Cloud Console Product Management
Remote - Seattle, WA | Bay Area, CA | Austin, TX
Now is the time to reach the APEX of your career! Dell Technologies has a 35-year history and track record of delivering ground-breaking products, solutions and services to help millions of customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! We recently unveiled our APEX vision that will enable customers to radically simplify how they consume and deliver IT through on-demand and as-a-Service offerings. The foundation of this vision is the Dell Technologies Cloud Console, which will provide a single, seamless experience for customers to manage services and workloads across their multi-cloud landscape. Through a modern and seamless console experience, customers will consume industry-leading infrastructure offerings, provision resources, monitor systems, and manage their costs in real-time. If want to help define this new set of experiences and lead the next great transformation for Dell Technologies customers, this role may be right for you!
As an APEX Product Management Consultant, you will join an influential and highly visible team that identifies customer requirements and defines the roadmap for a modern cloud console that spans public, private and hybrid cloud deployment models. You will work closely with business and engineering teams to build sophisticated customer experiences and capabilities that meter, provision, automate, support and manage the spectrum of Dell Technologies products and services. Boundless intellectual curiosity and a passion for customer engagement, coupled with strong technical and business acumen are the critical skills required for this role.
The ideal candidate will have experience in product management, product planning, business strategy and software development across cloud platforms and services. You will have technical domain expertise in relevant areas such as as-a-Service commerce models, infrastructure virtualization, managed cloud services, automation, devops, finops, identity management, or enterprise IT; with a deep understanding of customer use cases that are unique to a modern service-based business. In addition, the ideal candidate must possess the capability to address customer needs through technology solutions with clear and compelling value propositions.
You will be responsible for the following:
End-to-End Product Management
- Gather customer needs and collect insights through primary and secondary research, customer outreach, advisory boards, and executive briefings.
- Define clear product scope and detailed requirements that align customer needs with key business drivers and engineering capabilities.
- Contribute to the definition of offer models that drive business growth and support sales strategies using industry, customer and usage data.
- Define comprehensive persona-based behaviors, workflows and user stories under an agile engineering and iterative development methodology.
- Define launch and go-to-market plans in conjunction with product marketing and communications teams.
- Develop and deliver technical content for senior internal and external audiences including business stakeholders, analysts, and reviewers.
- Build trusted two-way customer relationships through events, briefings, and support and services engagement.
- Provide thought leadership that informs overall Dell Technologies APEX strategy and roadmap through engagement with business development teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
- At least 10 years of relevant industry experience in product planning, product management or software development in complex applications and services.
- At least 5 years of experience working as a cloud strategist or technologist on public or private cloud platforms, or with SaaS products and services.
- Experience with or knowledge of cloud architecture, virtualization, and modern application development technologies such as microservices and containers.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Strong business acumen, including data-driven research and market analysis.
- Understanding of enterprise software and hardware space, including compute, storage, networking and application platform ecosystem players.
- Proven experience in embracing ambiguity and converting challenges to results by building consensus and partnerships across business and engineering teams.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. If you can take innovative products and solutions from inception to completion, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play-providing customers with the industry's broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.