Cloud Security Architect
- San Francisco, CA
Cloud Security Architect
Location: Remote United States
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream's xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud - whether private, public or hybrid.
Virtustream is the world's premier Application Management Cloud platform designed specifically for global enterprise scale, mission critical workloads. It was created from the ground up from the years of experience in the trenches working on very large-scale IT projects with the world's most important brands. Virtustream's unique and differentiated cloud platform offerings are used up by hundreds of Fortune 1000 companies to completely modernize their IT! Virtustream continues to partner with these companies to move some of their most complex, mission critical and demanding application to the cloud. The platform continues to grow and serve as the bedrock foundation to run the spinal fluid systems that keep the factories running, engines turning, hospitals helping patients and commerce moving!
The trust our customers put in our platform is one of the cornerstones of our identity as a premier cloud platform. We are obsessed with delighting our customers and maintaining the trust they put in us for their most critical systems by continuing to execute on an ambitious, global vision for customer Trust. We are looking for Cloud Security Architect to come lead several aspects of Virtustream cloud security. If you are a strong cloud technology executive with focus on Security; are looking for your next big challenge to reshape the cloud industry; would like to work with some amazing people; and want to have an impact on the business that defines your legacy - this opportunity may be perfect for you!
In this role, you will
- Create and manage the security design and architecture review of Cloud Infrastructure, applications and new cloud platform initiatives
- Lead the Security Architecture Board that consist of technical leaders across the organization
- Manage cybersecurity problems that may be diverse and highly complex, with emphasis on security architecture.
- Selects methods and techniques for identifying and advocating effective security solutions
- Review the current threat landscape, identify gaps and recommend technical security measures to address the security threat
- Participates in reviews of available tools, technologies, and processes to secure all aspects the enterprise
- Have the ability to partner and influence across the organization
- Think critically, solve problems, make decisions and build trust across the organization
- Support and collaborate as a team builder and work cross functionally and across disciplines
Must Have Requirements:
- 12-15 years of professional experience in an Enterprise Security designand Architecture including network, systems, IaaS and SaaS cloud deployments or equivalent experience
- Hand-on experience implementing network security, systems security and deploying security controls
- In depth understanding of enterprise cybersecurity standards, frameworks and best practices
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills and the ability to secure results through others.
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives
- Bachlors Degree in Information Technology Discipline or Current Cybersecurity Certifications
- Software development experience
We have a solid foundation of platform capabilities for earning customer trust underlined by strong security architecture; rich compliance achievements and strong track record of security-driven reference architectures. You will substantiate our capabilities in security through your cloud experience, creative approach and leadership.
Come, work with some amazing people in a great company and reshape the cloud industry!
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Back to top