Business Operations Project Manager - Remote
Business Operations Project Manager
With a global remit, our Technical Program Management professionals lead cross-functional product design teams to develop and introduce game-changing new products and solutions. It's about making sure we offer customers the right features, experience, quality, schedule, cost, continuity of supply, service capability and financials. And when products and solutions are in development, it's about driving everything from definition through to planning, development and launch across global development centers and multiple lines of business. The team is also crucial to getting shipping right. All in all, it is a fascinating and incredibly varied area.
Business Operations Project Manager - Operational Excellence Practice
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees and contractors.
We never stand still. The Service Provider and Telecom Transformation team (SPT2) within the Telecom Systems Business (TSB) is committed to developing solutions for service providers globally and integrating the breadth of the Dell Technologies portfolio for these solutions. Our project managers combine technical knowledge with broad business development capabilities and project management to drive integrated solutions across our portfolio and with our partners globally.
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, the Business Operations Project Manager role is responsible for supporting a global team with the mission to identify and jointly build/take to market service provider solutions based on Dell Technologies (Dell, DellEMC, VMWare, Virtustream, Boomi) and 3rd party ISV capabilities. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across functional areas to implement our products or solutions. We undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition. Our role also involves acting as subject matter experts for internal and external product events or partner meetings.
Note this position requires working with team members globally, including US, Australia, Middle East, and Europe on a daily basis.
- Manage organizational processes and templates
- Coordinate and drive cross company communication / interlock with SPT2
- Ensure on-time, professional delivery of solutions and artifacts
- Run, manage, drive regular business rhythms for projects
- Coordinate across internal team and business units across the enterprise to implement solutions
- Manage sub-contractor contracts, deliverables, and interlock
- Manage finance/budget for SPT2
- Financial modeling
- Drive success of solution projects through standard project management methodologies, coordinating resources across Dell, our partner companies, and Service Providers
- Manage project execution on technical solution creation project
- Create and manage project management artifacts
- Provide weekly status updates on project status
- Plan and support team development projects
- Business process methodology (Six Sigma or equivalent)
- 3-5+ years project management experience
- Experience with Project Planning tools and methodology
- Experience building executive briefing templates
- Cloud Technologies
- Telco Technologies
- Advanced Communication & leadership skills
- Microsoft Project
- Dell Technologies( VMWare product family knowledge, Dell Server product family knowledge, DellEMC Storage product family knowledge)
- Understanding of Service Provider market, requirements, technologies, drivers Storage Technologies
- Security / Cyber Security for service providers
- Cost Modeling
- Wrike Project Management Tool
- O365 / Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
If you have the vision and tactical acumen to steer the success of strategic business opportunities for a global business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
- 40 hours/week
- Remote worker, with occasional in office visits
- Full access to DellEMC Resources
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Back to top