Big Data Principal Engineer
- Bratislava, Slovakia
Big Data Principal Engineer Bratislava, Slovakia
Our data scientists & engineers are helping to shape our marketing strategy for a digital world. The models and solutions you deliver will be the essential ingredient we use to supply our customers & sales with relevant product recommendations and creative breakthroughs to our business.
We offer you a fast-paced work environment in a diverse team with exposure to Dell teams across the globe. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and cross-functional team focused on making significant business impacts.
What you'll achieve
You will work with other engineers and data scientists to solve some of the hardest business problems. You will learn what it takes to build, deploy & scale ML/AI models in real-world (it's a hard problem, we assure you). You will build analytical data sets on which model's will be built. This would entail two key tasks - feature engineering on large datasets and optimization of our pipelines to drive scalability. If you are already good at it, we will make you better.
- Feature engineering: Stitching together and aggregation of multiple large data sets working with the data scientist to a desired format. You will need to optimize both queries and architecture to support big data sets. SQL is usually the preferred language, but some Spark jobs are necessary.
- Data pipelining: Once the initial dataset are prepared, it is normally run through a further pipeline to prepare it for modelling. Here you will create features that make ML/AI algorithms work (e.g. translating text into category variables). Expect to work with datasets with billions of rows and thousands of columns. Python/R is usually the preferred language, some larger tasks require Spark.
- Lead solutioning (often includes working with multiple business and engineering teams), define timelines & deliver on commitments with minimal supervision.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:
- Rock star SQL & Python/R skills.
- Education (Bachelor's degree or higher) in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have professional experience. 6+ years of experience in Data or BI engineering dealing with large complex data scenarios
- Experience with data processing software (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive), along with data processing algorithms (MapReduce, Flume).
- Experience in software development in one or more languages, such as Scala, Java, Go, C++ and/or similar. Experience in Graph database is a Plus.
- Ability to work with varied data infrastructures - including relational databases, column stores, NoSQL databases, and file-based storage solutions. Exposure to machine learning or machine learning pipelines is a plus. Ability to set up containerized services using e.g. Harmony, Kubernetes and Docker.
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Dell Technologies Slovakia is supporting the whole EMEA region plus the main financial hub of Dell Technologies globally thanks to more than 2500 team members. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Salary starting from: 2 900 EUR gross monthly
Private employee gym
Private medical care
Access into our Learning studio - more than 1,000 online trainings
To see the full list of benefits, click here
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell Technologies are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell Technologies will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell Technologies encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Back to top