Backend Software Engineer, VMware Carbon Black
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Predictive Security Cloud (PSC) platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join one of our Carbon Black Cloud Development teams to build solutions that will help us deliver an industry leading security product to our customers. Join a talented team of developers using a wide variety of latest cloud technologies to solve big problems while partnering with threat researchers who are on the bleeding edge of malware analysis. You'll build solutions that our customers are clamouring for, that will help our customers prevent the next front page security breach.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Initiatives to deliver major product features in a highly-scalable microservice environment, implemented on AWS.
- Contribute to product direction in design discussions.
- Collaborate with team to build upon and improve microservices architecture.
- Review and guide development of Restful APIs to query terabytes of data.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Proactively move the technology base to use the latest tools and frameworks for best performance; considering costs and scale.
- Collaborate with product management, DevOps, backend, and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution.
- Support existing production code and improve performance and customer experience.
What You'll Bring:
- Passion for software development and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment where the focus is on value delivered, not tasks completed
- 2+ years experience in designing and delivering commercial software products.
- Strong expertise in a high-level language such as Go, Java, Python, .NET, etc.
- Demonstrated aptitude in quickly mastering new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise-level SaaS product including on-call activities
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with cloud-based deployment (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Good knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Kafka/Kinesis
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
This position is eligible for the JoinCarbonBlackSofia referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top