Backend Engineer with Go and K8s, Octarine team, VMware Carbon Black
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Octarine, now a part of VMware Carbon Black, leads the space of Kubernetes and container security within VMware. Our products deliver end-to-end security solutions for customers running workloads in cloud-native environments, protecting applications against internal and external threats. To achieve this, we're tackling various technological and product challenges, striving to build the best solution at the best quality and at an increasingly large scale.
Now, as part of the security business unit in VMware (based of Carbon Black, a leader in the endpoint security space), we're taking everything we've built so far to the next level - aiming to support hundreds and thousands of new customers, continuously improving our products' features and quality, and planning to design and build new product lines.
Join a super talented team of engineers using a wide variety of the latest technologies to solve big problems, both from product and technology standpoint.
Our stack is based on Go, C++, Python, React, AWS, Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra, and a whole lot around Kubernetes and Istio. We welcome candidates with experience with this stack, but it's not mandatory - see below.
More info about the product and the acquisition here:
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to design, build and deliver complex product features, in a fast-paced environment, working with the latest frameworks and technologies.
- Be an integral part of scaling our offering to hundreds and thousands of customers, now as part of VMware.
- Face various technological challenges, from designing big-data processing solutions, to understanding the internals of Kubernetes, to planning the architecture of a new product.
- Contribute to product direction and design discussions.
- Belong to a group of world class engineers, working together to build a better product - solving real issues to our customers, and doing that at the best quality possible.
- Collaborate with product management, UX, DevOps, backend, and frontend engineers to deliver the right solution.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in designing and delivering commercial software products.
- Experience writing multi-component systems or micro-services. Advantage to working with container platforms and orchestrators such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- High level expertise writing in a high-level language such as Go, Java, C#, Python, Ruby, etc and interest in switching technological stack ( we are mostly hands on with Go)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Couchbase).
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Quickly master new languages and technologies.
- Passion for software development and for learning cloud native application technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top