5G Solution Technical Writer
- Cairo, Egypt
5G Solution Technical Writer
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as an 5G Solution Technical Writer on our 5G Solution team in Cairo , Egypt.
You will develop new accounts and/or expand existing accounts within an established geographic territory/product line. You will be building strong customer relationships in the field and ensuring a great customer experience with both existing and potential customers.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products and solutions in the new 5G area.
You believe that the word 'technical' appears first in the title 'technical writer' for a reason. You love explaining how the technology works and know that with complex systems, good documentation makes the difference between users floundering and succeeding. You have strong technical skills and love learning new technologies. You like to collaborate, and judge your success by the overall success of the team.
What you'll achieve
You will be part of a new team of tech writers in this area, who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use.
You will :
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended personas/audiences ad Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications and Establish, maintain and continuously improve our information architecture
- Work with and be part of the feature teams developing the SW and HW and Collaborate with our developers, testers and other tech writers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product/solution and the documentation requirements
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Write and publish world-class technical documentation using Markdown and DITA XML.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:
- Ability to dive into a complex distributed system and contribute while learning. Experience writing documentation for complex technical products and preferably experience from cellular technologies like 4G/LTE and 5G. Knowledge of and experience from markdown, DITA XML and other markup languages.
- Can work independently as well as pair with other writers to create and revise existing technical content in a fast-paced, agile environment . Enjoy working in a fast-paced release cycle . Be able to communicate highly complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Ability to identify and understand customer needs and to envisage how customers would use the product. Ability to learn and understand complex technical concepts, and to explain these concepts clearly and concisely. Can manage complex documentation projects and balance multiple tasks in a dynamic environment. Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with other teams including Engineering, Product Management, and Program Management. BS/BA in Technical Communication, Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience. Familiarity with Scrum/Agile development environments.
- Experience working on a globally distributed team strongly desired. Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation Excellent written skills in English
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service,
family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Back to top