5G NR Radio Software Manager
5G NR Radio Software Manager
Remote until our facilities re-open in Ottawa
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities .
From applied research to advanced engineering, Dell's 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions, as a first-ever go-to-market for Dell in this space. It's a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation in support of building something from the ground up, all while working with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
Dell is looking for a 5G NR Radio Software Manager to take part in a once in a career opportunity to be part of building something from scratch and shepherding it into the marketplace.
The 5G NR Radio Software Manager will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered Ottawa R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Dell for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will have significant work experience managing and technically leading software development teams leading to product delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Directs, leads, and manages a software development team in 5G NR Radio Software
- Holds both line management and project management responsibility
- Line responsibilities include human resource management, department competency, tools and methodologies, and product quality
- Project responsibilities include accountability for customer deliverables, budget, and schedule
- Technical leadership with proficiency in 5G NR Radio Software
- Evaluation of third party devices and integration of control algorithms to meet product requirements
- Collaboration with Radio HW Systems team in developing factory calibration and test functionality to ensure product quality and production yields
- Hiring and maintenance of a diverse and effective workforce
- Coordination of third-party deliverables that contribute to the overall product
- Experience managing a multi-site development team
- Creation and execution of any required development processes
- Status reporting to stakeholders
Essential Skills and Expertise/Experience
- Proven record of successfully running software development programs for wireless products, preferably 5G, and delivering product to market
- Experience with development lab setups and factory production introduction
- Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a team focused mentality
- Excellent communication and motivation skills
Minimum Experience and Education
Typically 8+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Typically requires 2+ years managerial/leadership experience
If you're keen to be at the forefront of driving world-class technology innovation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here
Back to top